Newt

Despite everything, the Glade was the best thing that had ever happened to you.
You had amazing friends, a simple life, and a man who loved you: Newt.
From day one, when he pulled you out of the box, to almost a year later, he'd made you happier than you could ever remember.
Not that you remembered much.
But it didn't matter, your memories didn't matter, because anything before Newt wasn't a life you wanted.
"Love, you in here?" Newt's voice reached your ears and you looked up from peeling potatoes to see him walking up. Your eyes instantly fell to his leg, naturally checking to make sure his limp hadn't gotten any worse.
"Hi." You smiled, meeting his eyes once more. "What's up?"
"Can I borrow you for a moment, outside?" He asked, more asking Frypan than he was you. You looked behind you just as he was giving Newt the go-ahead. You set down what you were doing and followed him out into the small patch of trees by the hut you and Frypan worked in.
"What's wrong, Newt?" You asked. "Is it Gally? What's he done this time?" But he was shaking his head.
"No, it's not Gally, it's Thomas."
"Oh." You said, pushing your fingers through your hair. "Well, what did he do?" Newt chuckled, but it was a sort of nervous one.
"He thinks he's found a way out." Your eyes involuntarily widened at this news. You waited for him to tell you he was just kidding, that this was one of his oddly-humored jokes, but he didn't.
"Shit, Newt!" You said, throwing your arms around him in a hug. "That's amazing! Has he told the others?" The blonde nodded.
"Yeah." But he didn't sound as excited as you were. You let go and looked up at him.
"What's wrong?" You asked. "Why don't you sound excited?" He shrugged. "Newt?"
"Do you want to go?" He asked. Your eyebrows shot up.
"Of course!" You said, surprised at the question. "Don't you?" He shrugged again and you reached out for him again, hand against his cheek.
"Gally and some of the others are going to want to stay here." He said. "And, if you want, we could too." You searched his face, waiting for him to give some indication of what he was thinking.
"What-"
"Think about it, Y/N." He said. "The world could be destroyed out there. There might be no one, nothing, left."
He was pacing, had pulled away from your touch to limp back and forth across the patch of grass in front of you.
"We could be risking our lives against grievers and who knows what else just to end up in a world that's been destroyed." He sounded scared, not something you heard from him very often. "Maybe we were never supposed to get out."
Everyone in the Glade had these thoughts every once in a while, late at night, when they thought everyone else was asleep. It was that voice in the back of your head that convinces you that you're alone in this world. It reminded you of the first time Newt had found his way into your bed, when you were crying over these thoughts and he helped you forget. That seemed like so long ago.
"If they didn't want us to get out, they would have just put up walls." You said. "But they didn't, did they? They put us in a maze."
Newt sighed because clearly none of it had come out the way he'd wanted it to.
"What I'm trying to say, Y/N, is that I don't care if we stay or go." He said, walking to you, and taking your hands in his own. "All that I could ever want, ever need, is right here with you." He leaned down so he could put his forehead against yours.
"The Glade is my home, Newt. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, because it's where I met you." Looking up, you saw him smile in spite of himself. "And the world out there could very well be destroyed. But it might not be."
"Y/N-"
"If there's a world out there, I want to be in it." You said. "With you." He turned his head to the side, but you turned it back with your fingers at his chin. "I mean it."
"I know." And then he was quiet for a minute, eyes closed, deep in thought. "Are you sure?" You nodded.
"Let's go on an adventure, Newt."