Missed me

Reader's POV
We dashed around the grassy meadow that we called the Glade. "We" as in me and Newt. We're supposed to be working, but hey, everyone needs a break once in a while.
Newt chased me through the scattered trees around the field. He had a limp, but goodness gracious, he was still fast. I led his sprinting form into the small forest of dead trees, as I started to slow down.
"Gotcha!" I heard him yell, but I jumped out of the way just as he lunged at me. He fell to the ground.
"Ah. I almost had you too," he looked up at me from the dirt, his chin supported by his hand. His scruffy blonde hair was tousled and dirty, yet he still looked cute as hell.
I stuck my tongue out at him. "Missed me, missed me. Now you gotta kiss me," I teased and started to sprint farther into the forest. The sound of our running footsteps filled the area around us. That's when he tackled me.
I stretched my arms out to soften the impact as we both hit the ground. Our laughter filled the air.
He chuckled. "I caught you," he announced his victory in a calm, soft voice.
"Yep," I giggled, trying to catch my breath. Our faces were only inches apart, and that only highlighted how cute he looked right now. If I really wanted to, all I'd have to do is-
He leaned forward as if reading my mind, capturing my lips in his. It was such a sweet and soft kiss, just as I imagined. We pulled away, smiling and blushing slightly.
"Sorry, I couldn't help myself," he smiled.
I giggled. "Don't be sorry. That was perfect."