Chapter 3 - The Other Side of Sion

Dedicated to Prisim because she made the awesome cover and because she don't mind my crazyness.

Chapter 3 - The other side of Sion

Sion's dark hair disappeared for a second as he bent down.

"Sion!" she yelled. Unique aimed straight for him, careful not to touch any of the crowd. His head popped up, and he looked around until he found her. She saw the lazy smirk form, and she sensed the blood boiling inside her body.

Unique felt nothing but empathy for the many people that would have to deal with the aftermaths of his recklessness later. Sion was the most irresponsible idiot ever to exist. It baffled her how Amora and Fury ever could have been proud to call him their son.

A faint part of her made her aware that her thoughts were unjustified. Amora and Fury had many children, and Unique vaguely remembered that they had to cut ties with a fair few of them. When Love and Hate met, there were only so much goodness that could come from it. Apparently, Passion was their favorite of them all—something that Unique didn't understand at all.

The taunting smile of Sion challenged her to follow through with this. Her jaw locked together, and with a firm determination, she sped up her pace. The realization hit her too late, she shouldn't have moved so fast. A woman pushed a man right into Unique's path. The turmoil of the passion-effected people roared up, and Unique saw the people swam in around her. She couldn't turn back or run faster, and the human crowd forced her to stop. She covered her head and sank to her knees as people shouted, fought, and made love around her.

Visions battled for space in her head, and she tried to keep them out.

A woman was angry. Anger was everything. She stared speechless at her spouse in bed with her best friend. How dare they do that to her? She was ashamed of herself, and of them.

Unique jerked away. So much hatred. Her hand touched the thigh of a man.

He had desired her for so long. Watching her with other men had stabbed at his heart, but he didn't care. He wanted her to be happy. Her smile brought him the biggest release. It was better than anything else… In fact, it was even better than the naked soft bodies of...

She screamed. This was too much to take on. She didn't want to know about people's secret desires or their reason to fight. Her mind was sorting through glimpses of memories. A pull on her hand caused the memories to shift, and she became aware that someone dragged her body. Pain erupted inside her skull, needles stabbing at her temples. It hurt so much more than she was able to take.

He was walking through the gardens. This spot was his favorite place of all. He walked past the statue of his mother. A squeal caught his attention, and he turned on his heel. He searched for the source of the sound and located her.

Unique was her name. He didn't understand why—it was an odd name. Gods had always been named after their affinity. However, Retro didn't want to do that. It could have something to do with the fact that nobody knew who was her mother. However, he didn't know enough about that to be certain. He leaned against a tree and watched the God of Time play with Unique. They were the perfect family. Amora and Fury never had the time to play with him. They we're too busy looking after the horde of offspring. He didn't mind that much though. This gave him the perfect opportunity to be alone with his thoughts.

Unique gasped for air and pulled from Sion’s memories. She stared up at him as he towered over her. Had he pulled her to safety? Why would he do that?

"That was incredible stupid." He turned away from her.

"Yes, you were." She scrambled to get onto her knees, her hands still shaking in fear. "Why would you endanger so many people?"