Chapter 9 - Experimenting is No Fun

Chapter 9 – Experimenting is no fun

Unique stared at Sion. Was he for real? Surely, he must be kidding. She averted her eyes to the ground and tuned into the conversation in front of her.

“No, no. Man, I’m trying to help you here…” Sion’s voice trailed off.

“What I don’t understand is how you can guarantee anything. I’m not going to let you perform all crazy experiments on me,” the young boy said. He was someone Sion had singled out, and now Sion was trying to talk the boy into helping them with their powers by letting them practice on him.

“Look, Jeremy. You want to tap that magnificent piece of ass over there, right?”

Unique snorted when she looked up to see Jeremy giving an exaggerated nod. Needy much?

Sion grinned. “Well. I can help you with that. We just need to try something out. It won’t hurt, I promise.”

After a few moments of hesitation, Jeremy nodded in agreement at last. “Okay, then.”

She was surprised how suspicious this young man was off them. The older generation had seemed so much more open than this guy. Granted, the older generation also expected her to redeem their past mistakes. She honestly didn’t know what was worse.

“Alright, take my girlfriend’s hand and just stay calm for now.” Sion took her other hand.

Girlfriend? She scoffed. Dream on, pretty boy. She held out her hand for Jeremy to take. The idea was simple, if Sion could transfer his powers through Unique, she’d be able to redirect his passion to the areas where it was needed. And he’d be able to control her visions from stirring off in the wrong direction. Technically, it should work. But they had to try it out before they started charging people.

It was all Sion’s idea of course. He’d told her about the way humans paid for things down here. And even though she didn’t quite understand the hype about the green paper, she figured it was needed since they were staying here for a while.

Jeremy’s hand was damp with sweat. Unique sucked in a large breath as she sensed Sion’s passion going through her.

Jeremy was walking outside. Sadness filled his very being. She wouldn’t understand it. His mom never did. A sob shook him out of his thoughts, and he looked up. Oh, god.

Erica… The hottest girl in the universe was sitting right there. He smiled. Yes. Wait… Why was Erica crying?

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She looked up and dried off her eyes. “Yeah. It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“Devon, he’s such a prick!” She clenched her fists, anger replacing her sadness. “I did everything for him. Everything. And then he dumps me for such a… bimbo.”

“That makes him incredibly stupid,” Jeremy blurted.

“I know, right?” She sniffled and looked up at him. “I mean…”

“It’s alright. I understand.” He smiled.

“You’re very nice. You know that, right?”

Heat flushed to his cheeks, and he averted his attention to the ground. “So I’ve heard.”

Unique felt the pull from Sion and removed herself from Jeremy’s mind. It had worked. She saw only what she was supposed to.

“Alright, Jeremy. Now I want you to think of something extremely personal to you. Like a milestone in your life. Perhaps the first time you got it on with a girl?” Sion said.