Chapter 26 - The Reason for Unique's Death

Chapter 26 – The reason for Unique’s death.

Sion wept. His sister was banished, Unique was dead, and Retro refused to help him.

“I beg of you, please help me,” he pleaded. “I can’t stand thinking of her.”

“I can’t do anything, Passion,” Retro answered. “You’ll have to live with it.”

Unique jerked away from the vision. Envy had tied her together with Sion, and the physical contact forced her to relive parts she didn’t want to.

Envy snickered. "How about a watching something bittersweet?"

"Please stop," Unique whispered. She didn't want to do this at all--she only wanted to get away. It was tearing at her insides, to sit here and relive all these painful moments from Sion.

The man in question still hadn't regarded her with any interest. He was sitting motionless beside her. She knew that he had to see the visions as she relived them, but she didn't dare to look up to see his reaction. The memory of his earlier resentment were enough to make her cringe.

"How about..." Envy tapped her chin. "How about seeing the impact you had on Sion after you got me banished. Yes. I think that would be a terrific memory."

Unique tried to block it out, but as soon as Sion remembered the past, she was pulled in.

"Envy has been banished from here, Sion," Fury said.

Sion looked up to meet his father’s eyes--they didn't have the best of relationships, but they were close enough to share this. Yet another tragedy had fallen upon Haims.

"Will we ever see her again?" he asked.

Fury shook his head. His golden curls bounced around, and he furrowed his brows. "I highly doubt it, son."

Sion's heart broke once more.

Unique pulled away again. By now, she was panting in an attempt to keep up with the memories. It was draining to be forced to relive this.

"Ach. Why does it take so long? You should be dead by now," Envy complained.

Dead...? Unique couldn't understand. She was a Goddess—she couldn't die.

"How about giving you a little treat?" Envy's face brightened up. "That's it!"

"What is?"

"You need a treat." Envy winked. "Sion, how about reliving every single date you and Unique had."

"Okay," he said. His voice was clear and void of any emotion,

"Sounds fantastic. I won't hang around to watch this. I'll see you later, little brother." She stomped across the room and looked back at Unique. "And you. Well. Let's just say that I sincerely hope that you won't see me later."

"The feeling is mutual," Unique muttered. Envy didn't respond; instead she transported out of the cave.

After Envy had left, Unique was alone in silence with Sion; nothing she could do would change this, but she had to try.

"Sion?" she asked. He didn't react. "Don't do this."

As on cue, her attention was pulled into his past.

Sion smiled at his reflection. Tonight, he would make her his. He would make her swoon over his boyish charms. He winked. "You're the man!"

"What are you doing?" Unique asked. He jerked around to see her leaning against the doorframe. She was dressed in a beautiful soft pink Goddess Gown--probably something she'd borrowed from Amora.