Chapter 6 - Whiskey Makes Everything better

Chapter 6 - Whiskey makes everything better

Unique paced back and forth in the room. Her feet skidded against the carpet, and her fingers drummed against her thigh. Where was Sion? Why didn’t he come back?

The adrenaline from their brief fight was still rushing through her body. She’d wanted to walk after him, but she didn’t dare; she was such a wuss. Right now, she cursed her lack of courage.

"Come on, Sion," she muttered. “Come back.”

She stared at the door, willing him to walk through. When he didn't, she turned around with a groan. Her stomach hurt—the worry had settled deep in her tummy. He could take care of himself, right?

Unique scoffed. If anyone could protect Sion from harm in this mortal world, it would be him. He had more knowledge about humans and their world than anyone else she knew. To prove her case, she attempted to relax. Her eyes wandered around the small room. Sion never got around to telling her how he managed to get this room.

Despite the fact that it was dirty and faded, the room wasn't that awful. She could seriously use a time displayer though. It was odd to have no sense of time. Perhaps humans didn't need such things.

She walked over to the small window. The sun wasn’t visible anymore, so she had nothing to tell her how long she’d been on earth. But it must have been hours since Sion left.

In the distance, she could hear the metal boxes rumbling. Humans were so odd sometimes. Why they would want to transport in such a small, noisy box was beyond her. She hoped that Sion would stay away from them though.

 Where was he? She sighed.  

"Fine," she muttered. "Guess I'll just have to go find—Argh!"

The door slammed open and Unique squatted down, cowering in front of the window. Her arms were raised above her head, to protect herself.

"I have arrived! Unique you won’t—“ Sion called. "What are you doing down there?"

She peered out between her arms and saw him leaning against the doorframe. His eyebrows were raised at her, and a skewed smile played on his lips. A bottle was held loosely in his hand, the liquid inside slushing against the glass.

"Nothing," she said. Her arms fell to the sides, and she regained her stance. "Just checking something."

"Uh-huh." Sion nodded. He placed the bottle on the floor, then he stepped into the room. His legs shook, and he swayed from side to side.

"What's wrong with you?" Unique asked as she walked over to support his weight.  

Sion snorted. "What's wrong with you?"

"Very mature. Come on, let's get you down."

"I bet you wanna..." Sion hiccupped. "I bet you want to get me down."

"Just be quiet, please? Your breath stinks." Unique placed him on the bed, making sure he could support his own weight. "Stay there. I'll get you a glass of water."

She scrunched her nose; everything on him reeked of sweat, dust and something oddly sweet she couldn't recognize.

Unique looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. Where had he been? She filled the cup and made her way back to him.

He was lying with his upper body twisted around while his legs were still over the edge of the bed. His tousled dark-brown hair fell over his eyes, making him look almost innocent.

Unique looked at the water in her hand and then back at him. No… She couldn’t… She wanted to though. Actually, it would give her a certain sadistic pleasure to pour the water at his face. But he was on the bed, and she didn’t particular want to wet the only furniture in here.