Chapter 28 - The Final Death

Chapter 28 – The Final Death

Unique wandered around in Retro’s human residence. There wasn’t much she could say or do, and she was afraid to close her eyes now in fear of running into Sion again. He wouldn’t like what she was planning, and he’d likely try and stop her if he found out.

It had taken her a while, but she’d combed through all of Retro’s pictures, to find only one of Envy. She hoped that if she concentrated, then she’d be able to see what exactly happened the last time she tried to stop Envy.

From what she’d gathered, she’d been aware of the dangers in going after Envy. In her previous life, she’d found it worth to risk her own life to stop Envy from ruining everything for herself. The only reason she could come up with left her speechless.

Envy had been important to both her father and her husband. If she hadn’t tried to stop Envy for their sake, then she had no idea why she’d risk her life for the cause. Even the small glints of her former self hadn’t left any reason to believe she did it out of pride. Unique had known about the risks, but found them to be minor compared to the achievement of being a normal family again.

She sat on her father’s bed with a picture of Envy in her hands. Sion’s sister was staring at her with a sincere smile. In the picture, Envy looked young and beautiful—nothing like her current state. Her green eyes showed curiosity and joy with no trace of envious feelings anywhere.

Once again, she knew that she probably shouldn’t use her powers, but she had to do something. She wasn’t about to let Sion suffer for her safety.

“Ironic.” She snorted. History were repeating itself.

She leaned back on the bed and sighed. One more vision, just to be prepared.

"Dear Goddesses, give me strength," she muttered. Unique didn't know if they were listening, and part of her doubted. They'd sealed her off for so long. To think that they might care now was both stupid and problematic.

She inhaled deeply and focused.

"That little bitch," Envy muttered. She was walking away from them all. She would leave this place--they didn't value her in any way, and she was done.

"Envy," Unique called. Envy got to a sudden stop and turned around to face her nemesis.

"If it isn't the precious daughter of Retro." Her nose scrunched in disgust. "Go away."

"I can't let you do this... You know that," Unique said. The threat made Envy cringe. How dare she threaten her?

"What are you going to do about it?" Envy tried to smile, but she was certain that it didn't show. "You've gotten what you wanted. Everything I held dear. There's no need to rub it in."

"I'm not here to rub it in." Unique took a step closer to her. "I'm here to help."

Envy chortled. "Help? You want to help me. Oh the irony." She narrowed her eyes at Unique. "Run home to your perfect little life before I wreck your face."

Once more, Envy turned away and continued to walk away. She had been the laughing stock of them all for so long now, and tonight, it would end. They wouldn't laugh at her or worship that little wench after tonight. Envy had a plan to expose Unique for what she actually was.

A hand grabbed around her wrist, and she snarled in response.

Crap.

She saw herself, as a little girl, running along and playing with her parents. She'd been their pride and joy. Until Passion was born, then they'd forgotten all about her. Fury and Amora hadn't looked twice to her side, but always Passion, Passion, Passion.