Chapter 14 - Want to See My Tree House?

Chapter 14 – Want to see my tree house?

Unique was floating. She was afraid to open her eyes to see where she would end. In her mind, she was only concerned about Sion. She had to warn him about his envious sister.

"Ungh." She groaned when her body hit something soft and hard at the same time. She lay completely still on there, trying to imitate a rock. Hopefully, she hadn't angered or hurt anyone.

"You know... We really should stop meeting like this," Sion's voice said.

Her eyes shot open to see Sion’s pained expression. Unique would have hugged him if she weren't already lying on top of his body. He pushed her off carefully and held his hand to his ribs.

"I think you might have been the cause of more broken ribs than anyone else in the world history." The words were said as a joke, but she could see him struggle to talk. The healing must already have started.

"Sion..." There was so much that she needed to tell him, but there was no time. "We have to go!"

"What? Where to?"

"I'll explain later... Can you transport?"

He shook his head. "Not with a broken rib. I have to wait until it's healed. But how do you—“

"There's no time to explain. Just run."

He jumped to his feet and took her hand. They ran from the carnival place, forcing their way through the walking humans that were out for a stroll on a lovely day. Angry shouts were given, but they didn't take notice. They were in a hurry. Minutes passed and soon the sounds of their footsteps on the pavement were the only sound they could hear.

Sion halted and looked at her with a puzzled expression. "Where do you want to go?"

Unique bit her lip. Where could they go to hide? She had no clue.

"Come on, Unique. Talk to me. What happened?"

She looked into his handsome brown eyes. "We need to find a place where we can hide in safety."

"What are we hiding from?"

"Other Gods."

His jaw dropped, and he widened his eyes.

"It's not what you think – Don't worry." She averted her eyes to her feet. Her right foot was tapping impatiently at the ground.

"Well. We could always go to the caves?"

"No! No caves. It needs to be a human filled place. We need to hide among the humans. That's our only chance."

"But the caves are the only place where the other Gods can't see us."

"I don't care. Not the caves." Unique didn't know why, but she had a feeling that if they went to the caves, then they wouldn't be far from Envy. And she didn't have any desire to go back to Envy's hiding place.

"Well. The humans have houses they've built around the altar of Gods?"

"Would it work?"

"I'm not sure. I don't think anyone can just intrude on their holy houses though."

"It's not good enough. We need to find a place to hide from the banished Gods."

"Unique, that's—“

"Don't argue with me now, Sion! I am scared, and I need us to be safe. Please just help me now," she yelled. Tears were starting to form. 

He clammed up and nodded. "Alright. Can you transport?"