Chapter 27 - An Escape

Chapter 27 – An Escape

“I love you, Unique.” Sion took her hand. “I want to spend eternities with you.”

Unique groaned. The small glimpse of visions was shuffling so fast that she couldn’t keep up. Envy was feeding Sion with fruit while Unique watched.

“I believe in you—I’ve always believed in you.” Sion kissed her eyelids and ran a finger across her collarbone.

Unique had stopped fighting it now. There was no hope anyway. Her powers were apparently draining her life essence, and soon it would make her dwindle and die.

“That’s good, Sion. Keep thinking of the lovey dovey moments. It’s working,” Envy said and patted him on the cheek.

“This pendant, I will always carry it with me as a reminder that we’ll be together forever.” Unique said with a blush.

“Forever is a very long time, love.” Sion stroked her arm.

“Not when it’s spent with you.”

“Envy, may I please have some water?” Sion asked. “This thing is draining me as well.”

“Sure, I’ll go get some.” She rose from her spot.

“I’d do anything for you, Unique. You know that.”

“I know.”

“I’d throw myself from Haims to keep you from harm.”

“Don’t.”

Despite how much it pained her to relive Sion’s past. She much preferred to see him happy than sad.

Sion groaned and crumbled together in pain. Unique’s head jerked around to see him clutch his torso. “It hurts”

Envy hurried over. “What? What is it?”

Sion moved his hand that was forced on top of Unique’s fingers. He gave them a little squeeze, pulling her into a vision.

“Trust me,” Sion said. His arms were wrapped around Unique. “Everything will be alright.”

“But I’ve never been to earth before,” she confessed. “Will it hurt to jump down there?”

Sion shook his head and pointed down the fountain. “When we are halfway there, I’m going to transport us to our new vacation place.”

“I’m not sure about this.”

“Don’t you want to see the house that our parents built for us?” he asked. “It’s no fun spending our honeymoon up here—we need to see the world. The human world.”

“Okay.” She took a deep inhale. “Let’s do it then.”

“Alright. Get ready; brace yourself as it might give a small suck in the stomach.” His hands locked together around her stomach. “Trust me.”

Unique was confused for only a second. As she regained consciousness of the cave, she saw Envy untying Sion.

“Crap. Sion. I still need you; don’t go around being a wuss now. One break. That’s all you’re gonna get,” she rambled.

Before Unique’s eyes, Sion sprung up, tearing at her bonds, as well. He pushed Envy back and transported out of the cave in the blink of an eye. Unique didn’t move. Envy got up from the floor with a sneer—her upper lip coiled back in disgust as she swung around to look at Unique.