Chapter 11 - Slutty Clothing.

Chapter 11 – Slutty clothing.

”You did what?” Sion stared at her with his mouth open. Unique looked down at the tiled floor.

“I agreed to work for Annelka,” she muttered.

“Why would you do that?”

Unique was standing in the middle of something called a mall. Apparently, humans went to this place to get clothes and other things. Annelka told her she needed an outfit for her stand. Unique had declined the offer to borrow any of the old woman’s clothes. Once was more than enough for her. Instead, she was now standing with a few green notes stuffed into her bra. Who’d have thought there was no such place to keep things in these clothes?

Sion had spotted her while she walked here, and she hadn’t found a way to get rid of him yet. Obviously, she was stuck with him, so she had told him all about her new job in a weak attempt to meet him halfway. It hadn’t worked that well.

“Well. I figured we had to do something to keep our supplies of those food-thingies you gave me.” She looked from side to side and reached a hand down her cleavage, pulling out one of the wrinkled pieces of paper. “This has some sort of value down here. And Annelka will give me more when I work for her at the carnival.”

Sion rolled his eyes and waved dismissively at the green paper. “I know what it is. What I want to know is why you felt the need to take this on yourself?”

“Because we’re two people down here. We should share this burden. I don’t understand why you’re making such a big deal out of it.”

Sion averted his eyes, clenching his jaw.

“Sion?”

His left hand went to ruffle his dark locks. He turned away. “It doesn’t matter. Let’s go get you some clothes.”

Unique followed him as he walked over to a store. She enjoyed looking at the windows with colorful outfits for every occasion. She stopped when she saw where Sion was leading her.

“Nope. Not going in there.”

“What’s wrong with that shop?” Sion’s mouth turned upwards as he looked inside. “I think it would be perfect for catching attention – especially from male costumers.”

Unique glared at him. “It’s an under-wear store. I am not standing in panties, and a bra, just to lure people in.”

Sion pouted. “Such a shame. I would have paid to let you scramble through my memories… If you wore that.” He waggled his eyebrows.

“I have no desire to look at your memories ever again.”

“Ouch.”

She rolled her eyes and turned around. A cute little shop was hidden in between a jeweler and a men’s clothing store. She smiled. That looked promising.

A tanned girl with long black hair was reading a book behind the counter. Unique walked over to her and cleared her throat.

The girl looked up and smiled. “Can I help you with anything?”

“I am looking for something colorful to wear in a stand on a carnival. Do you have anything that would suit me?”

Tapping her chin with one finger, the sales-girl looked around. When her eyes fell on something, she held the finger up. “A-ha!”

Unique watched as the girl jumped down from her chair and scurried over the floor to a rack of red dresses. Little ornaments of gold shimmered in the lightning. The girl turned and grinned. “Would this work?”