Chapter 2

Miyuki's POV

I've been feeling tension from these two since we arrived in the kitchen. It's nerve-wrecking, actually.

Well, he looks like a second-rate cook, but I know better than to judge a book by its cover, so I'll just have to watch and see what happens.

"As long as you use eggs, you can make anything you want. But are you sure you want to do this? You should withdraw while you..." Erina was cut off mid-sentence by the redhead placing his hand into her shoulders that made Hisako and Sumiko involuntarily widen their eyes.

"Oh, I was really worried! I thought you might fail me before I even got to cook!" He stated, relieved, like they knew each other.

"Back away!" Of course, being an aide to the granddaughter of the director, Hisako reacted as she stood in front of Erina.

Sumiko would be like that, too. These aides are just that over-protective.

"Don't you know who she is!?" Hisako asked while raising her hand to make him stay still where he stood.

"Huh? Who is she?" He simply asked.

"She is at the top of her class along with Miyuki-sama in the junior high division, and the youngest member of the Elite Ten Council, the highest decision-making body in the academy, in the academy's history: Nakiri Erina-sama!" She introduced her while Erina crossed her arms under her chest.

"Waaah! This is a fine tool." The redhead just ignored them by eyeing one of the knives from the drawer as Erina and Hisako scolded him. "Don't wander around!"

"They're quite funny, don't you think, Miyuki-sama?" Sumiko chuckled while putting her hand into her mouth and I just give her a nod as a response while crossing my arms under my chest, too.

"Let me ask one last time. Are you really going to take my exam?" Erina asked with a serious look as they continued glaring at him.

"But..." He threw the knife he was eyeing it earlier in the air. "I just have to make you say it tastes good, right?" He caught the knife professionally with a smile on his face. "Of course I'll take the test."

My eyes twitched. I've known Erina since childhood.. and this is my first time seeing a challenger who's accepting her test with a look of confidence and determination on his face.

"Erina-sama, Miyuki-sama." Hisako showed his personal info to us.

Yukihira Soma, his family runs a diner. I suddenly remembered what happened this morning. They are similar. Could it be, this is the boy they were talking about?

I turned my gaze towards the redhead who was inspecting the egg before catching Erina grin. "Okay, I'll taste your food. The food of bottom-feeders in the food world."

He lowered the egg and smirked. "I'll be happy to.." he untied the long white bandage from his left wrist. "..serve you.. our specialty!" He threw his black blazer leaving only the shirt he wore. He tied the bandage around his forehead afterwards.

Uhh.. Is that some kind of signature gesture?

"Hang onto your seats, Examiner Nakiri... and also you, Whoever-You-Are!" He said..