Chapter 30

Miyuki's POV

We headed towards the orphanage without having a conversation inside the car, except for my brother's business-related phone calls.

The kids were so happy to see us especially seeing a person new to their eyes. I immediately introduced my brother to them once we entered the house. They hesitated but with Adel doing the talk first, they were felt close to him. Same for him who was obviously happy playing with them and he was now playing the upright piano.

[Please play the audio ^_^. The song's title is Felicity by Isaac Shepard.]

The children were fascinated at him as he pressed the keys with his incredible hands. The songs he played for me before was still amazing until now. He was the one who taught me play the piano and other instruments that we had in the house. And after he left even though he wasn't able to finish teaching me, I continue them myself. Though I played piano, violin and flute the most from the instruments.

While the song was playing, I realized some of the kids were staring at me.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked and one girl raised her hand as if we were in class.

"Nee-san, where's Soma-nii? I thought he'll be visiting with you?" I remembered that this girl is Sheila, who Soma lifted into his arms.

"Oh, he is--" Her question was caught the attention of others instead of my brother. All of them were looking at me including Adel who stopped playing the piano when he realized no one was listening. I dropped a sweat when I saw their eyes were curious as they waited to my answer.

"He is busy."

"Busy for what, nee-san?"

I found myself in trouble looking for words to answer the question first time in my life. I just couldn't say to these children that I gave the red head a test and he might be in serious mode right now.

"He's busy because..." They turned to Adel who spoke when I was silent. "Let's say...he is working right now to achieve something like important. Don't ask what is that something. Just think that it is precious for him." He said with a smile.

Half of them couldn't understand what he meant and others got it. I was glad that my brother saved me and I felt like I could breathe normal again. One boy stood up from sitting on the floor in triumph pose.

"Oh I know! Soma-nii-san is busy working to get YES from Miyuki-nee-san to be his girlfriend!"

Crack!

You know the feeling that you have a bright moment but someone or something ruined? Yeah, that's where I am.

The once quiet room with only piano producing a sound was turned into uproar where every children was already standing as they ask, agree or wonder. In the midst of children talking, I was sitting on the chair with both hands on my lap in emotionless yet felt my spirit have left my body. My only companion was Mira who had her wheelchair beside me trying to calm them down.

I wasn't felt this tired before...

"Yusuke! Where did you get that idea!?" Ms. Fujioka asked the boy earlier and he gave her an innocent look.

"On the tv, the guy said 'I'll work very hard to get your yes' and he wants the girl their to be his girlfriend. Why? It is precious for that guy because he really works hard for it their."