Chapter 19

Soma's POV

"MIYUKI!!!???"

I surprisedly stood up, looking at her as she gradually sitting up with her hair trailing.

She's still wearing her uniform after all the occurrences earlier that she had time to change, and she used her hat as her pillow.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering as I try to recover from the shock.

I didn't expect her to be sleeping here outside where it is slightly cold, and mostly the others were in their rooms right now, snoring to their hearts content.

"I...w...ti..." She mumbled while rubbing her eye. But, I didn't understand.

"What?" I leaned closer to hear more clearly by placing a hand at my ear while the other on the armrest to keep myself steady.

"I'm waiting for someone, but he's already been taking too long the result I have fallen asleep." She opened her eyes and turned to my direction. "You?"

"Ha? Ooh! I'm lost." I let out a chuckle, scratching the back of my head.

"Then, which means you couldn't find the elevator."

"Yeah." I plopped myself down on the couch after she scooted closer on the other side.

Awkwardness filled the hall with moonlight shining down through the window panels. I could feel the tense in the atmosphere when suddenly hearing of flipping a paper.

I looked and was greeted by her reading a book on her lap.

This kind of position will make her neck sore from looking down and her eyesight may affect from lacking of light, especially when the letters are small.

"Oy... You shouldn't read where you can't see the letters very well. Do not force your eyes."

"It's okay. I've already done this before." Her eyes still glued on the paper and it seems she has no plan to stop.

"Doesn't mean that it's fine to do it again and again." I quickly snatched the book from her lap that leave her eyes widened.

"Your eyesight might get worse if you continue. So, stop if you don't want that." Closing the book, I placed it on the table. She didn't get the book or try to snatch it back.

If we're talking about girls' properties, they wouldn't hesitate to get it back from you. But, she just let it go and sat properly with her arm resting on the armrest.

"You're just like Sumiko, scolding me..." She gave me the look from the other night when I get my right hand hurt, and her voice this time doesn't let out a malice .

"Eh, I didn't want to show it like that, but it's for the good to prevent from getting it worse. And...we do know our eyes are important. If we lose our eyesight, isn't hard to do whatever you want, is it?" I flashed her a smile, but looks like she's not even listening to me. It made me sweat drop.

She is staring at the moon that came out from hiding behind the dark bluish clouds in the night sky, but soon it hides again, making a bit hard to see the surroundings.

Tch! Why do they need to turn off the lights here?

"That was...unexpected." She murmured.