Chapter 5

Miyuki's POV

~Dream~

"You're getting it right, Angelika." Father praised me with a smile and patted my head. I am learning how to cook right now and dad teaches me.

"Thank you, Dad! But, without your help, I cannot learn this stuff." I said with a closed-eye smile as he crouches down to my eyelevel.

"Remember Angelika, we're not always at your side. Sometimes, we have to be apart from one another." He wore a serious look, but his eyes show sadness and my own begins to waver.

"Y-You're going to l-leave me?" I stammered with my hands cluthched to my chest. And tears dropped down to my cheeks as I hung my head down, not wanting to dad see me like this.

"It's not like that. I mean, not everytime we have to be on your side always. You also need to learn to handle yourself." He said in a comforting tone as he raised my chin. I see my dad's turquoise eyes on his handsome white face and his black shiny hair.

"Then, what should I do if you and mom will apart from me?" I asked while sobbing a little and dad wiped the tears with his finger.

"You have to be brave and strong. Don't let your weakness go over to you." My eyes slightly widened in confused.

"Be brave and strong?"

"Yes. Be brave and strong." He reassured with a smile as he put his hands to my shoulders gently.

"Wait a minute. If you're going to leave... then who's going to continue to teach me?" I asked with a questioning look while tilting my head to the side.

"Then, make a way to teach yourself. Work hard to learn more. But remember, to become a great chef you must find a special person that you want to give your best." He gave me a closed-eye smile as I think what he had said.

"Special person...? Simple! You and Mom!" I exclaimed with a smile and he heaved a sigh softly as he closed his eyes.

"Nevermind, you're still a little kid. But, someday you will understand, okay? Now, let's continue what we left off." He said while standing up.

"Okay!" My face formed a smile.

Reality

I woke up and stared momentarily at the ceiling. I decided to pull myself up and look around.. and noticed that Shiro still sleeping beside me. I smiled before someone knocked on my door.

"Knock! Knock! Milady are you awake?" It was Sumiko.

"Yes, come in." I brushed my silver hair with one hand and she came in with a bed tray.

"Good Morning, Milady. Did you sleep well?" Sumiko asked me with a heartwarming smile as she made her way towards my bed.

I nodded before Shiro slowly woke up and snuggled to me closer. I gently pat him realizing that Sumiko is now beside my bed.

"Milady." She said, raising the bed tray.

"Oh right. Sorry." I fixed myself in a comfortable sitting position as Sumiko put the bed tray above my lap.

"It's okay, Milady. Your breakfast for today is Chicken Soup with Bread and Orange Juice." Sumiko informed me with a smile as she stood still.

"Thank you." I thanked her and began to eat. I gave Shiro a half of my bread and he chewed it happily.

"After I ate my breakfast, I'll cook for all of you." I said softly before putting a piece of bread into my mouth.

"You don't have to, Milady. We already ate earlier." Hisako replied with a closed-eye smile.