Chapter 32

Miyuki's POV

Our bonding time together continued longer than I expected. People around us enjoyed in the pool to their heart's content despite the scorching heat coming from the sun. Splash here, splash there, at least the water helped us from it.

"Let's go for one more!"

"A-Alice!? Hold on a minute!!"

"Let's go, Miyu-chan!"

"..."

Pulled by one to another, Alice made the lead to the highest slide. Erina barely run normally from Alice who was pulling her and didn't show any sign of slowing down, same case for Kimiko to me. We were dragged like some sort of play dolls.

When we almost reached the top, we were greeted by a long line in the middle of the way.

"Ahh~, we have to wait~."

And just like that, most of them were boys who stepped aside and offered for us to go first. Girls who were forced to stepped aside were enraged at them as they threw several complaints.

"Thank you!"

Erina and I sweatdropped at the scene while Alice and Kimiko walked leisurely as if they weren't affected by other girls' glares. I somehow felt bad for taking an opportunity like this, I rather liked to wait in the line until it is my turn.

"Come on, you slowpokes!"

Once again we were pulled by the arm and realized that we were already sitting on each swim ring. Our position went like this: Alice, Erina, Me, and Kimiko. The two girls on each ends were already laughing while the two of us in the middle remained quiet, yet I saw Erina was gripping her swim ring tightly but not too much to had a hole.

"One... Two... Three... GO!!!"

The air and drops of water hit against our faces as we slid down on the smooth surface towards the big pool. My three companions were shouting, two in delight and one in sort of nervous.

As if in slow motion, I just registered that we never had done this before, we had but when we were kids. Many things had happened before and we forgot to spend time with each other just like we were young. I remembered the day when the four of us got to watch the cherry blossoms with Erina's grandfather. I remembered how the sides of their mouths slid up as they tried to catch some falling pink petals. I remembered how satisfied our guardian we were with was. And how they waved at me to join them.

It was...

beautiful...

a beautiful memory...

"Be ready, Miyu-chan!!!"

that I would never forget...

My train of thoughts crashed when we were met with the cold colorless substance. I opened my eyes whilst under the water, but immediately swam upwards and took a deep breathe. My eyes looked around and saw the three of them did the same thing.

"Woohh!!!" Kimiko cupped a water with her hands before throwing towards the silver short haired girl.

"You've just done it. Take this, Erina!!"