Chapter 14

Third Person's POV

Oh?

That's what Miyuki thought. She couldn't believe he casted his vote to Megumi, and she assumed that he won't vote due to his too much pride on his dish.

The silver haired girl didn't move or change her expression at the scene as she and the others watched and patiently wait what will happen next. But not long, they saw him wipe his tear on his left eye with a thumb before facing the girl that has dark blue hair in two braided pigtails.

"Hey, halfwit."

"Y-Yes!?" She answered frantically.

"The spice you used in the paté... It's allspice, isn't it?"

"Huh? Um, yes."

"I guess she used it to remove the strong odor of the chicken liver. Allspice possesses hints of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg in its flavor profile." One of the alumni who has short bluish gray hair, Mizuhara Fuyumi, stated.

"But that wasn't the only reason, was it?" The man who lastly casted his vote to Megumi, Shinomiya Kojiro, asked her directly.

"Um, well... Y-Yes."

This made Miyuki's interest spark as she focused more on the girl, ready to listen on her explanation.

"You've all been eating a lot of food from all the judging you've been doing since yesterday. That's why...welll... Allspice aids in digestion, so... I... I just wanted to serve a dish that'd be gentle on your stomach."

After that, the brunette alumni who's named Hinako Inui, bursted into tears as she clutches the person's arm beside her which is Miyuki while she doesn't mind at all.

"I knew Megumi-chan was great!"

"Yes, it seems we have a good eye for people." The blonde haired man, Donato Gotoda, said with a smile and eyes closed while a hand near his eyes.

"You just like her type!" Mizuhara stated at him emotionless before Inui butted in with Miyuki, still clutching.

"That's not true, Mizuhara-senpai! Right, Miyuki-chan!? Megumi-chan is so kind!!" And she clutched the poor girl's arm with her hands while shaking her happily.

"It hurts, Inui-san. Stop it. You're tearing my arm off." She said flatly, but the brunette still doing it.

"It may be clumsy, but the dish speaks to you. That's the kind of dish it is. Even in a competition, Tadokoro tried to be considerate toward the people who'll be eating her dish. That may be something you need in order to find a way to proceed beyond the pinnacle." After the General Head Chef of the Totsuki Resort said that to Shinomiya, the coral haired man clicked his tongue.

'So this was all part of his plan. I see... For a very long time, I've been turning a blind eye to my customers and my staff and cooking by myself.' He said to himself as he already realizes the truth for all this time. But, he flinched, snapping him out of his thoughts by Inui who slapped a coin on Megumi's plate.

"There! Now there are an equal number of votes. That means it's a tie!" She announced with a smile and eyes closed. Miyuki was so glad the brunette stop shaking her arm and it was close to being numb, so she massaged it where the sensation is still there. "I'll take charge of this match!"