Chapter 8

Miyuki's POV

We are walking in the hallway with our yukatas on, going back to our rooms before I suddenly realized forgetting something.

"What's wrong?" Erina asked when she noticed and turned around.

"I forgot my beret in the basket. You go on first." I told her as I turned around to get my beret. I really love wearing a beret especially wherever I go to places or internationals, but I barely forgetting it. What happens to now?

After getting, I went out from the changing room with my beret and my bag when I unexpectedly bumping into someone.

"Oof!" It wasn't that hard impact, so I kept my balance and opened my eyes. I saw the redhead, Yukihira Souma.

"Sorry, Miyuki. Are you ok?" He asked after seeing me with wide eyes.

"Yes, I'm okay. What are you doing here?" I asked while adjusting my yukata properly.

"Oh! I'm going into the hot spring." He answered with a smile as he points out for the men's.

"Is that so, then enjoy." I said calmly, walking pass at him. "And also, congratulations for passing this day's test."

Proceeding to my room, I'd decided not to join Erina and Hisako playing with cards, cause I know that my friend doesn't know how to play. And honestly, this day is very tiring.

Yukihira Souma's POV
Hot Spring

"I have to say, given last year and this year, the Academy has some very good students in the pipeline." Dojima-senpai said, holding his shoulder.

"Last year?" I asked.

"The task of prepearing 50 servings has been simultaneously assigned at multiple locations. It's obvious who completed that task the fastest. Every year, I try to finish my bath and leave before students show up. But last year, there was a student who finished and showed up early, too." He said as I was listening. "He's now the seventh seat in the Elite Ten."

'It's someone I know!' I said to myself.

"He seemed promising, as well."

"Huh. That sounds like Isshiki-senpai, all right." I said to myself and suddenly remembered something.

"Wait, so they finished up even earlier than me?" I asked to myself again, suprised.

"Speed isn't everything, but it's clear that there is skill involved." He informed as I went back to listen.

"Nakiri Erina, granddaughter of the Academy's director. The God Tongue... She's had access to the Academy's main lecturers since infancy. Only the most refined baby food touched her lips. When she tasted several varieties of salt blindfolded as a child... She correctly named each salt's origin, etc. There are more stories than I count about her God Tongue. However, her ascendance as the youngest member of the Elite Tens founded on true talent. If she continues on her current trajectory, she will become the Academy's greatest masterpiece... a monster. Well. Either way, she's still a diamond in the rough. Totsuki is an otherwordly place, where those with talent throng together and devour one another. It's depths are unfathomable. Sharpen your fangs, boy!" He said while I slowly ease my nervousness.

"Yessir!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"But, Miyuki. That girl...we don't know what level she is, but we could say hers were more greater than Erina. And her food style? Heh! We don't know which one of them. We've been seeing her cook European styles after meeting her until several days have passed she have done different styles. " He said with a grin.