Chapter 38

Miyuki's POV

Hilarious when it came to me. I was known by the others as an emotionless person... short talks, not easy to talk to, blank expressions or comments, wolf in a sheep's clothing, or even weird and boring individual. And yet, with this man beside me... he had just entered into my life circling with dullness as if a customer walking in a restaurant. It was perfectly hilarious when some people like Kimiko, Erina, and Adel had been trying to make me change of facade but this boy right here seemed like... he was already more steps ahead of them since he made me feel different...

"When I was little... I would proudly tell you that I had a wonderful lifestyle. Sounds boastful... but unlike others who boasts about their riches or fame, my life before is the only thing I can be proud of as a child. Extremely not that I was from the affluent family where whatever I say or want will be granted."

Concurrently a thunder came and with the sound, I jolted and just brought my legs together towards my chest with the cup still in my hands. Not anymore I have to be formal, I think it's time to try to be normal...

"I don't care what they provide to me nor the title on my name, what matters to me is I had my family next to me. A warm family, a joyful one... and that's already my pride. My mom, dad, brother, Kimiko, Sumiko, the maids and butlers, Tanaka-san, Erina, Alice... Don't you think that's already one big family?? Although the Nakiri's are only family's friend, but we consider them as part of our household. "

"Miyuki..."

I couldn't see him but he mentioned my name like a whisper until another came and I made myself smaller as I could.

"At the age of 4, the day before the clock strikes 12 midnight, it's my birthday...

~Flashback~

"Honey? Come on it's time to wake up."

With my eyes still closed, I tried to snore normally hiding to my father that I was just pretending to be asleep. A warm blanket which was so big for my physique covered my mouth which was great since I was trying not to laugh nor giggle.

"Is she still asleep?"

A familiar voice that we really love came into our ears, and we knew that it was my mother. A sweet and calm tune that almost made you to sleep comfortably from hearing it was what I defined to her. Hearing the footsteps getting louder, it stopped when I felt her presence beside my father.

"I think so. Oh my~, this is unexpected. We are supposed to be on our way because we have to get the dress we asked which is made for our little princess for her advanced birthday party later."

My father was sometimes... how do I say this... a rascal? Mother would scold me for calling him like that. But I would like to lend you a small secret, there ws a time I had heard mother mumbling to herself that 'Devil', 'He really is the devil himself'', 'Karl is the devil' and et cetera et cetera while her face was flushing in red. I approached her that time and asked 'why is she calling dad a devil?' and she was surprised and just told me 'nothing!'. Now tell me, that's too much than the rascal right?

But now I know why...

"Maybe we should cancel the today's plan. Yeah, that will do... Come on now, sweetheart. We will go on a date! And let our princess have more of her beauty sleep."

The footsteps were getting smaller and smaller as for my prentending bar was going lower and lower. I couldn't take it anymore when I heard the door of my room had closed.