Chapter 26

Miyuki's POV

Where...am I...?

Why is it so dark...?

I couldn't see anything and it was all pitch black. My body was sore as if hundreds of nails were poking into me and my head felt so heavy. It seemed like there were restraints on me, especially on my mouth that it was making my breathing hard. There was something covering my mouth which makes me feel the warmth of my breath.

'Hey...'

Eh?

Then suddenly in a blink of an eye, there was nothing on my eyes anymore...I was already standing on my feet...

I could see the plain white dress on me but there's nothing else in here. It was pure darkness around me. Taking a step forward, I walked straight to the path I take and had noticed under me was water with my reverse reflection, rippling through my steps. I looked around trying to find something or someone other than me until seeing a figure.

I wasn't sure if it was a person...

I walked once again when I felt I can't move my body. There was a huge space between us and it was blurry and couldn't make sure what it is. It looked like it was seating on an ordinary chair and that figure looks like a...kid?

Why there would be a kid in this place?

As if someone had heard me and that kid still seating on a chair started to come closer like gliding.

And with that happened, the kid was a girl with silver hair and was wearing a white dress like mine. She looks like me...her hairstyle was the same as mine right now.

She had her head down so I couldn't see her face, but what bothered me most was her arm...her right arm was all bloody and it stained her dress.

'Are you okay?'

My voice echoed in this dome but moments later her head raised slowly. It confirmed it is me...when I was still a child. Her or should I say mine, eyes were dull and instead of turquoise it was in grayish color. The face looked she or I fell down into the dark abyss...emotionless.

I tried to take forward but the scenery had changed, making the child me glitched and disappeared with her same look.

I was now in a white room with telegraphic pictures of...me...my memories... Looking around, I saw my whole family, the maids and butlers of the Engelbrecht Family with Sumiko and Mr. Tanaka, the O Totsuki students, Erina and Alice with their aids, the Polar Star students I've met recently with Fumio-san.

There was only one person whose face I couldn't find... Where is--

I noticed at the corners of my eyes that moved and I turned my attention onto it. A black silhouette was standing which looked like a kid, a boy. It was gesturing for me to come closer since we're the only ones in here.

I took a step forward, but suddenly the floor disappeared under me. I didn't let out a scream, I just simply looked at the boy who run towards me with a hand stretched.

It was like slow motion when the boy grew up as a teenager like me still a hand stretched for me to take. But, only the ends of our fingers had touched and there's no way didn't stop my falling while looking at him who had his hand wide open.