Chapter 12

Today was Thanksgiving and we brought the feast to my mom's hospital room- even though all she could eat was a couple bites of turkey, water and a few spoonfuls of stuffing. Even with her more apt to leave us all soon, I was very thankful that she had a good day today. Apparently, when I was overhearing the doctors talk to my dad's secretly, my mom has had her best day today in weeks. First time she ate in 4 days and they have never seen such a glow to her in weeks.

It made my cry silently instantly. When I reentered the room my mom was sleeping peacefully. I sat by her side and held her hand while she slept and my dads were talking about her health. I think I fell asleep because the next thing I knew was waking up to my mum singing a song. Her favorite song she sang to me as a kid.

Everything I Do (I Do It For You) by Bryan Adams. I smiled as I sat up and looked into her eyes.

"Well did my little girl have a good nap." I gave her a cheeky smile and kissed her cheek.

"It was great mom."

She smiled at me and I gave her a grin back. My dad then walked in and gave us a smile.

"Alright darling. Visiting times are coming to a close." I pouted but nodded and got up to give my mom a hug. She gave me weak one back and I breathed in and let it out when I pulled back.

"I'll see you Tuesday, mom. I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl." She kissed my cheek, and I kissed hers before my dad and I walked out of her room. I looked back at her one last time before I turned the corner. Please don't let this be the last time I see her.

When we got in the car, I slid in the back while my dads took the two front seats.

"Hey daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can Maddy and Bri sleep over?" I asked. He looked in the rearview mirror at me and shook his head with a smile.

"Sure, darling."

"Don't stay up to late pumpkin."

"I won't daddy."

"Okay call them up." I rolled my eyes and texted both the girls and they both replied with excited responses.

When we got home I went up to my room and got it all ready for the girls, who all but bounced into my room a few minutes after I came up.

"Hey, hey!" Maddy chirped plopping her stuff down on my bed and then plopping herself down in the bean bag chair.

"My main chick!" Bri cheered plopping on my bed.

"Are we just doing a movie night along with gossip?" Maddy asked and I shrugged nodding.

"I guess so. So let's get these movies on a roll. Bri get the movies and change, Maddy come with to get the soda, popcorn and sour patch kids."

I was already in my pj's from the few minutes in my room before the girl came. I grabbed my dirty clothes along my way out and tossed them in my dirty hamper bin.

Maddy and I got the popcorn, candy and drinks and headed back up. While Bri and I set up the stuff, and blankets, Maddy went to change.

The first movie in was The Longest Ride.

When that finished with success, we popped in the movie, What's Your Number.

"So Maddy, you and Tucker get it on yet?"

"WHAT? Bri really. And no we haven't."

"Make outs?" I asked throwing a piece of popcorn on her.