Chapter 19

Wait what? Did he just say that. Is this real?

"What?"

"Allison, I have liked you since I first came here. Well, maybe I really liked you at the wedding. I guess the whole romance of the wedding made me see you differently. You looked so cute in your deep red dress, and curled hair. I could never shake you after that."

I just stared at him before getting out of the car and up to the bathroom. I took deep breaths and splashed some water on my face. I'm all flustered. As much as that was amazing it sucks. If he liked me since the wedding then why would he sleep with all those hoes. Why wouldn't he just admit it to me?

Ugh.

When I walked back into my bedroom I saw Jaxon sitting on my bed, reading something.

"What are you doing?"

"Your dad's left his note. They went to go visit Uncle Charlie."

"Oh."

Uncle Charlie likes to drink and make fun of bouncers and cops sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me if they would be stuck there all morning dealing with charges.

"Why'd you run off?"

Why'd you sleep with hoes?

"Because." I replied walking away. Jaxon caught up with me and turned me to face him. His face is set into a frown as his eyes lock with mine. "That's not a good enough answer."

"Well it's my answer."

"Not a full one." His thumb grazed my bottom lip as he whispered those words. He also slurred some of it. I closed my eyes to get rid of the feeling he gives me. "Tell me what I did, or what's go you so depressed."

"You do Jaxon." He blinked and furrowed his brows.

"What did I do? Please, tell me."

"Everything. You just waltz into my life and make it better."

"Well my powers are pretty great." I glared at his smug face and pushed him away and sat on my bed. He fell down from being some what still drunk. I heard him sigh and come closer. "I'm sorry. I'll shut up. Just, please, continue."

I looked up and him and huffed. "You did make my life better and in the end it sucked. Don't give me that look, I fell for you Jaxon. Hard. And it was nice, really nice when you would open up to me. I felt needed, wanted, in your life. It made me feel special to you. Then, one day I'd look over and see you with Genny or Lisa. It hurt and it made me feel like I meant nothing to you. But then you would come back and confess to me again about your life.

It meant a lot to me that you did that but, it hurt. Then that day you kissed me. You disappeared and then showed up with Genny or Lisa- again. It all so confusing. You're confusing Jaxon. Do you know what you are doing to me?"

I may have started crying but that isn't what my focus was on. It was on his face. He looked guilty, so utterly guilty.

"In the car you confess to me that you have liked me since the wedding. Then why didn't you go after me? Why did you sleep with the girls, why- why, why? It's all I want to to know. Why do you exist Jaxon?"

He just stared at me for a few seconds before he wrapped his arm around me and I cried. I let it all out. I didn't realize how many emotions I have been holding in since everything happened and when I finally calmed down I wiped at my face. When I pulled back Jaxon held my face with his gentle, rough hands and planted his soft, supple lips on mine. He was gentle at first, and then he turned to passionate.

I kissed him back until I realized what he was doing and pushed him away.

"No. You don't get to do that, Jaxon."

"Can I explain, Allison?"

I looked at him a moment and bit my lip and sighed. "Go ahead."

"Why do you think I sleep with the likes of Genny and Lisa?" I looked up at him with an incredulous expression and shook my head.

"Why?"

"Because I don't care what happens to them. That sounds mean but Allison, I care about you more than I do them. I don't care if they walk out of my life. I care if you walk out of my life. My mom was taken abruptly from me Allison. I don't want to fuck something up and lose you because then I'll be a mess."

I took in a deep breath and look away from his piercing eyes. "Go wash up, you stink."

He sighed and got up heading across the way to his room. I quickly got ready for bed myself and laid back on my bed. I ran my hands over my face thinking about what he said.

It made sense in a twisted way. It really did. But, he made me feel different and his words made my heart race so fast I thought I was going into shock.

Jaxon slid into my room a few moments later. He was showered yes, but he was still a little tipsy. I bet he won't even remember this in the morning. It doesn't bother me he confessed drunk, because doesn't everyone say when someone is drunk the truth comes out?

He got under the covers with me and pulled me close. In the morning he won't even be here, he'll be gone. Why not bask in his drunkenness?

Because you will get even more hurt, smart one.

I sighed and cuddled into him and took a deep breath. He tilted my head up and gently placed his lips on mine. I smiled and pulled back. He kissed my cheek and whispered, "Goodnight, Kitten."

Is this feeling going to last?

Why are my dad's never here to keep Jaxon out?