Chapter 18

Since that night a lot has changed. That next Monday school was brutal. Jaxon would watch me from wherever he would lurk in the hallways. It was hard to not look back, or at him when Maddy or Bri would inform me he was starring. I would just bit my lip and drag them along before I could break.

Even sadder, Genny has been gloating that her and Jaxon are an item. Gosh, I hope they aren't.

That isn't your business anymore.

I guess an upside to what happened that night was Lisa was peeling herself away from Genny. She came into school Monday in leggings and a baggy Pink crew top and her hair in a pony tail. She didn't even have makeup on or her boobs, or ass hanging out. In fact she had black chic glasses on. To top it off she greeted Maddy, Bri and I.

I guess my talk with her struck something in her. I don't know how to feel about that.

Monday went on with trying to not be confronted by Jaxon, avoiding Genny, and Lisa, still, while maintaining my sanity. Tuesday happened to be the same thing and by Wednesday Jaxon gave up. I didn't see him once Wednesday but I heard stories about that he was doing with Genny in the empty rooms.

My mood wasn't very good all week either. Austin seemed to notice and kept his distance thinking it was the time of the month or something like that. I went to ask him if he wanted to hang out, because the girls informed me I wasn't being a good girlfriend, when I found him with Genny behind the stairwells.

With Genny smirking at me, I walked away to be chased by Austin. He fixed his hair and grabbed one of my elbows while leading me to a rock wall outside of the school. I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. I had no jacket, just my sweater shirt, and it is practically snowing out here, not to mention it is December 9th, in Massachusetts. Please was this guy ever smart?

He started to rant on how that meant nothing and a bunch of other crap. He isn't the fairy tale ( or novel hunk) that I want to be with. I shut him up and told him we weren't really working out and it was fine. We ended our relationship mutually. Then he went on to say how he was with a couple girls while being with me and, well, that one hurt.

I went home that day crying because I gave my virginity to some idiot sleazebag. Someone like Jaxon. And I'm not a girl to over exaggerate her virginity it's just I didn't want to catch anything or give it to a guy that was sharing me with 3 other people.

Nothing exciting really happened the rest of the week, or the beginning of the follow week.

Sighing I fell back onto my bed as I just got home from school. It is now December 15th and Lisa sat with us at lunch. To say it was awkward would be lightening the mood. Everyone was staring. I haven't heard or seen Jaxon since last Tuesday and I guess that's good. But it bums me out he dropped me so quickly. I never knew I meant that little to him.

I guess it is better to get hit with it now than later, or whatever. My life seemed to go back to it's boring self. I went to school, read, and went to see my mom. My mom looked really good today. It is Tuesday and my mom never looked so good. Though the saying is, I think, that the more healthier you look, the worse off you are, in these situations.

I crumpled onto my bed, grabbed my book and got under the covers. Maddy and Bri were busy with their boyfriends so I was left, on a snowy December night to read. 3 to 4 months ago I would have no problem with this night. But some idiot had to come charging into my life and makes me want to do something totally crazy on a night like tonight.

I wonder what he is-

Don't go there, Allison.

I sighed and looked at the time, 6:43. I could read, shower then go to bed. Well, maybe watch some Netflix because it's not even 7 yet. I got to stop thinking about him. I kicked him out of my life, I should be happy.

Then why aren't you.

I groaned and covered my face with my pillow.

~

I didn't think I would fall asleep. But I did, and I woke up to my phone ringing. I rubbed my eyes and saw it was almost 11. I got up and grabbed my phone answering the unknown call. Probably a bad idea but, I had a few missed calls from this number.

"Hello?" I answered and I heard a cackle on the other end.

"Well, Allison, you sure do have a sexy sleeping voice."

I sat up quickly. "Tyler?"

"Yeah yeah. How are you, haven't seen you in a while."

"Fine." I muttered, my brows furrowed. "Why are you calling me? How did you even get my number?"

"Jaxon." He stopped talking the minute I stopped breathing. "I got your number from him and well he needs you right now also. He's kind of in some shit."

"What kind?"

"Well he is drunk. Very drunk, and well he won't let us drive him home. I was hoping maybe you could come and get him. I think he would listen to you."

"And what if he won't listen to me?"

"I-" He stopped for a second, muffled voices on the other end before he was back. "He will listen to you. Just get here."

"Wait where is 'here'?"

"My house. Head North-ish on route 28 into Medford and I live on Central Street past the playground. Just get here." Then he hung up. I sighed and grabbed my sweatshirt and slid that on and grabbed my grey leggings and swapped my jeans or those. I grabbed my keys and headed out, starting my car and heading to Tyler's.

Jaxon is lucky I like him so much.

Oh who would have guessed.

I glared at the road and cursed my inner self. When I pulled up to Tyler's house- I knew from the cars outside his house, no thanks to Tyler- I parked behind a green Mustang and carefully walked up to the door, the cold air nipping at my cheeks. I was going to knock on the door but it opened and Ruby appeared with a bored expression and a cup in her hand.

"He's this way."

I bit my lip as I followed Ruby through the home. It was small yet it had a good handful of people. I easily spotted Jaxon sitting on a chair and pouting at the table.

Good gosh he made my heart stop a little. His hair flopped on his head, strands everywhere due to him running his hands through it repeatedly probably. His blonde hair reflects the poorly lit lighting and giving it a dim shine. His eyes were dark and hazy staring down at the table and his lips were set in an ever so cute pout.

Ruby disappeared and it was just me and him. I haven't been this close to him in a couple weeks, who knows what he thinks of me. Who knows how I'll react. I nervously walked up to him and when he heard someone coming his head whipped up. When he saw me he looked confused and then he smiled.

"Kitt..." He stopped for a moment frowning before continuing. "Kitten."

"Hi."

"You didn't roll your eyes when I called you kitten."

Half of that was slurred, I'm not sure how I even understood it but I did. I gave him a soft smile and shrugged.

"Let's get you home, Jaxon."

He frowned but nodded.

Once we got into my car he was silent. I was silent as well. We were almost in our neighborhood when he spoke up. He grabbed my hand and started playing with my fingers.

"Allison?"

He never uses my name unless it's something. "Yeah?"

"Can I confess something to you?"

I pulled into my driveway and turned the car off. I looked over to Jaxon and nodded. "Sure."

Looking into his deep blue eyes I began to question why I kicked him out of my life. Oh yeah, the sluts and jealousy.

"I've never wanted someone more to be my girlfriend. To share cute moments, to share my life with, to share stupid jokes with, to cuddle, to just lay. Someone who would be there for me. I have wanted you to be that someone since I met you at my dad and Maria's wedding."