Chapter 24

"Go Jaxon!" I cheered as he ran from home plate to first, then to second and finally stopped at third. I saw him wink at me, only because our stands were on the side of the line from third to home.

"You know how much Brad hates that Jaxon is better at him at hitting, Apparently Jaxon's stats are that of a major league standing." Bri was quite the gossiper, but today I knew this was no gossip. It's true. When Maddy and I doubted Bri earlier in the year about Jaxon joining the team we really regretted it. Jaxon went to the tryouts that week before spring. He made it with flying colors, much to Brad's disappointment but everyone's gain. We actually had a shot at state championships this year. Well, that's what Jaxon tells me at least.

At first he was a little rusty in the sport, due to him not playing since his mom died. She was his number one fan. But now, he has another number one fan. Me. I had on his home jersey, white with a red number 8 and blue lettering, with my blue capris and red toms. I also had the number 8 marked on my cheeks in black eyeliner (the girls and I couldn't find that cool face stuff the guys had).

When he had his first game and I showed up like this he thought I was crazy, but now he's come to think it's the best thing. Maddy cheers for Tucker, but just in his jersey and some jeans. She doesn't go all out like me. Bri and Miles had broken up over the months. Apparently he wasn't satisfied with her anymore. Who knew the school rumors of him being a guy that just wants a lay is true, he seemed so sweet yet volatile. Austin is on the baseball team as well but has recently been in a steady relationship with Lisa.

How that will end, we are all waiting on the edge of our seats for. Austin hit a double getting Jaxon and this other junior in for a run.

"So prom is in two months. Has Jaxon asked you yet, because we have to go dress shopping. I can't believe we even waited this long." Bri was beyond excited for prom. She went last year with a senior and this year she is going with some guy from her english class, I think she said his name was Greg or something with a G.

Maddy had gone with Ryan last year, but seeing as he wasn't all that into their relationship like Tucker is, Maddy is more excited about this year than last year. This is going to be my first prom and I think it might be Jaxon's as well. I don't really want to indulge into his past because I probably won't like it very well.

"He hasn't no." I stated watching as Tucker got up to the plate.

"Well he needs to. He can't just assume you two are going with each other." She took a sip of her soda just as Tucker hit a double. Maddy got up clapping and I stayed seating clapping.

Tucker and Jaxon have become really good friends on the team. It was shocking because before they really didn't get along. The more shocking thing, to everyone but me, was Jaxon telling Tucker off if he ever hurt Maddy. Safe to say Tucker was scared for a few days before opening up and now the two of them are best buds.

"Well, we should go shopping this weekends for dresses anyway. They will be out soon, very soon." Bri could never get into the game, which is why she didn't understand the game at all.

"I mean really how hard can it be to ask a girl out to prom." Bri rolled her eyes and I bumped shoulders with her. Tucker was on third base now and he turned to look at us. I saw one of his brows raise and I shook my head.

"Well prom isn't until May. It's March." I said.

"Plus, the fact that it's Jaxon were talking about." I turned around to spot the owner of the familiar voice.

"Ruby, hey!"

"Hey, so the guys were running late as usual."

"They really need to get their butts in check."