Chapter 16

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday.

Apparently a lot can be learned on a Saturday, and learning comes with a price. That price would be telling Maddy exactly how I feel about her brother. I bit my lip as I paced my room and sighed. Last night made me realize how much I need to tell Maddy about my feeling for her brother.

I quickly called up Bri and she answered on the third ring. "HEY ALLY!"

I laughed and quickly responded. "Hey, Bri. Wanna sleep over with Maddy, tonight?"

"OMG YES. But there's a party tonight..."

"I'll be going to that with you guys." I stated with an eye roll.

"Really! Ally you're growing up!"

"Hush. Just get over here."

"Chill girl, I gotta pack." And then she hung up. I let out a small laugh and dialed Maddy's number.

"What's up?" She asked sounded preoccupied.

"Sleepover with me and Bri tonight, after the party. I kinda have something to tell you, also."

"Oh, sure. I'll meet you at your house in a hour or so?"

"Sure. With Tucker?" I asked smirking.

"No.."

"Liar. See you soon."

After I hung up I went into my closet and grabbed an outfit for tonight. I pulled out my slim black tank top, put that it on, then grabbed my pale pink shorts and put those on. I grabbed my black wedges and put them aside for later as I waited for the girls to get here.

I grabbed my book and perched myself on my window bench and started to continue the story of Jenny and Todd. After a couple chapters my book flew out of my hands and I turned to my right coming face to face with Jaxon.

"Yes?" I was met with striking dark blue eyes that twinkled with mischief.

"Nothing." He stated and went back into his room, changed his shirt and left it. A few seconds later I heard his bike start up and him roar down the road.

Grumbling I picked up my book and continued to read. I was almost finished with my book when Maddy and Bri laughed their way into my room. I set my book aside and let them do my hair as I dodged the topic of her brother. Well that is until I caved.

"Seriously what is it Ally?" Maddy asked flopping onto my bed checking the time. We had 20 minutes before we had to leave.

"Okay well, with all the kidnapping Jaxon has been doing lately-"

"Wait you call it kidnapping?" Bri snorted. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't necessarily like being dragged to places Bri." I said while standing up and closing my window and curtain. Even though he is gone, I'm still not taking any chances. "Anyway, with all that happening I kinda maybe..." I bit my lip and looked at Maddy. "I like Jaxon. I think. No, I know. I mean- UGH." I groaned covering my head with my hands.

I looked up and saw Maddy with a shocked face. "Nooo."

"I'm sorry. I just I don't know how it happened it just did-"

"Are you friend with me to get to him?" She asked still staring off in space.

"MADDY!" Bri asked shocked.

"Maddy, I've been your best friend since I moved here, when I was 4. Jaxon came only 3 years ago. How could you ever think that?" I asked hurt.

She looked at me and sighed. "Sorry just a lot of people become friends with me because of that reason. I'm sorry. I'm in shock I wasn't really thinking. How did you know you were starting to like him?"