Chapter 21

The doctors came into the room. They told me I should leave before things get worse. I was hiccuping and crying, and a mess as I walked back out into the waiting room. When my dad saw me he gave me a sympathetic look. "Oh, kiddo."

Everyone whipped their heads to me and I just ran to my dad and hugged him while I cried. It's surprising how many tears I have. My dad hugged me back with great force and rubbed my back while saying soothing things. The soothing things weren't helping.

I just lost my mom. The one person in my life that understood why I was so into romance, so against everything Jaxon stood for. The one person I feel most connected to. Now, she's gone. She was just talking to me. I just saw her yesterday. She was doing good. Or so I thought. I never know how she really is because I can never get the doctors to tell me and my mom never wants to burden my life.

I didn't notice we were sitting until my dad was pulled away from me and Maddy and Bri replaced him.

"We're so sorry, Ally. So, so sorry." Maddy whispered into my knotted mess I call hair. I hiccuped and hugged Maddy back. Maddy and Bri are tag teaming the double hug, one in the front another in the back, Maddy got the front.

It took a while for me to calm down. Well to me it seemed like a while. When I pulled away I wiped at my tear stricken face and looked around. My dads were talking to Maddy's parents and Maddy and Bri were beside me and Jaxon had a distant look on his face on the wall beside the row of chairs me and the girls are sitting in.

Jaxon's dad called out to him. "Jaxon, bud, you okay?"

Everyone turned to him and when he snapped out of it he locked eyes with me. His dark blue almost grey eyes seemed so stuck in the pain he was having that when they landed on me they turned a lighter shade, more caring. He didn't acknowledge his dad who was asking him if he was okay or anyone else besides me.

He got up and stopped walking in front of my chair and knelt down. His eyes roamed over my face before tucking a piece of my hair away from my sticky tear trails on my cheeks. He then gripped my waist and tugged me into his hold. I let out a hiccup breath, it was a weird combination of breathing in and letting out a cry.

I wrapped my arms around his chest and hid my face in his neck. I breathed in his scent. I can never describe it, but it makes me feel safe for some reason. Maybe it's just him and maybe it isn't a good thing, but I need it right now.

I eventually pulled away and took a deep breath in. Jaxon stayed in front of me and watched as I tried to calm myself down.

"Allison?"

I looked into his swimming pools of blue and he continued. "Want to come with me somewhere?"

I furrowed my brows and then sighed. Why not. I got up and walked over to both of our parents and my dad immediately stood up meeting me before I got to him.

"What's up pumpkin?" I bit my lip and quickly glanced at Jaxon.

"Can I go with Jaxon somewhere?"

"Where would this be?"

"Down the road and towards the old factories. To the fields." Jaxon said to my dad and my dad nodded.

"Okay, call me if anything happens okay pumpkin?" I nodded and gave him a smile.

"Okay dad."

Jaxon took my hand and led me out of the hospital and to his bike. I gently took the helmet and put it on and got on behind him. He turned on the bike as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He then sped off and down to the old factory community. He pulled onto the dirt road beside it and we were on that road for a few minutes before he peered off to the right and I saw a magnificent view.