~Prologue~

I'm Maxine Jackson, but I go by Max. The people who call me by my full name don't really live to tell the tale.

I'm strange in many people's opinions. I'm tall, very, for a girl, I'm six feet tall and have long wavy hair, but it's the color of red wine, and my eyes were a deep forest green. All natural. Not only that, I'm about as pale as a ghost.

I'm not a girl who chooses to go out and socialize with people. I find them all quite annoying and frustrating to be around. So, in the end, I hate them all.

My past is something I hate to talk about, even thinking about it makes me cringe.

Life at home was a living hell. Mom was always either passed out or not even there so I never really knew her, but my dad... he was a thief and a liar. He always doing things illegal with his "friends" and get in bar fights he knew he couldn't win.

They were worse then a pile of rocks. Never truly cared for me. In the end, they ended up basically killing themselves. My mother overdosed and my dad drank until he didn't have a liver.

I was only fifteen when they died. I was almost forced to go to an orphanage since I had no other family I knew of, but there was no way in hell I was going there to be looked upon with pity. I came up with every lie in the book to not go there, and finally they either believed me or just gave up trying to get me in a car. 

Thankfully I was never really noticed at school so I didn't have to worry about anyone finding out about me and my family issues. Then, somehow, someone found out just a puny part of the whole story and the next thing I knew everyone around me knew.

I was constantly called something along the lines of: weak pathetic orphan. Those words were the three things I couldn't stand hearing and one day I just had enough.

 I started training, but there is a slight twist... I went through and learned everything I know now from the underground. Illegal chains of street fighting, racing, and drug marketing. I learned from the best and most fierce and soon became the one to beat, became the feared. I always had fighting matches scheduled every weekend and soon earned the name of  Phantom. Always a ghost.

It really didn't take all that long for me to earn that title. Saying as I was a quick learner.

When I walked into school after my new change, the group of "jocks" that loved to always single me out and make my life worse came up to me first. They continued to call me names, mock me, and push me around, but they seem oblivious to my newfound strength. I wasn't going to have any of it, so I balled my hand into a fist and swung it around and hit the leader in the face, knocking him out and breaking his nose. The group and everyone around had looks of shock and slight fear, and it made me laugh cynically.  

The incident spread quickly around the school and mishaps like that one continued to happen until I was expelled from the school and had to go to a different one. Everyone there feared me, stayed out of my way, and didn't even attempt to talk to me. I liked it that way.

Then it all changed when I realized something. I was becoming like my father. Always fighting, avoiding people and the public, only going out when I had to... even drinking. I couldn't be like him. Ever.

I had to get away from this town, get away from the past that still haunts my every move and quick. I had to get a fresh start on everything and make sure I don't turn into a complete monster.

I moved to a small excluded town in the middle of no where where I got an apartment and would start twelfth grade and graduate. I would be normal, no fighting. I would stay to myself, hiding away in sorts, keep everything in and not let any of it spill out. Hopefully no one will find out and my past will stay unknown to everyone.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I would like to let you all know, I purposefully make my prologues shorter (by quite a bit) compared to the actual chapters. So you don't have to worry about the chapters being this short =].

How did you like the Prologue?

Let me know if you liked it!

:) :) :) ;) :) :) :)