~23~

Max's POV-

For the first time in weeks I didn't wake up screaming. It's been so long since I had a night without nightmares and memories. Being in the embrace of my loving mate's arms is something that is another amazing sensation I'll never get used to. 

I flipped my position so I was facing Logan, it was so nice seeing him looking so relaxed. I haven't seen him like this is so long. He's has been constantly hovering over me and worrying and making sure I was okay, I feel horrible. I shouldn't have gone that far, Grant is dead, I killed him. I don't have to worry anymore. Everything is going to go in the right direction now, for the first time in my life. 

Bringing my hand up, I trace my fingers lightly across Logan's chest. He shuddered at my touch, which made me smile. His arms around my waist tighten. I kissed his jaw and wiggled my way out of his arms and made my way over to the bathroom.

I turn the shower on and hop in letting the water rain down over my body. The scenes of last night replaying in my mind. I smiled and tilted my head back into the water. It couldn't have been better. All those hours...

Just as I finish up washing my hair, two muscled arms snack around my waist and I'm pulled to a hard muscled chest. 

"You left me," Logan said, his voice deep and husky with sleep. I shivered as his breath fanned my neck.

"No, I didn't. I just went to shower," I whispered leaning back into him.

"Without me," he said, pretending to sound hurt.

"We both know we wouldn't be showering if we both were in here," I stated as Logan drew patterns on my hip with his thumb.

"Why do you have to be right?" Logan asked and he peppered kisses down my neck towards my newly placed mark.

"Because I am just that great," I replied in a almost breathlessly as I tilt my head to the side. .

"Yes you are," he responded with no intention of stopping what he was doing. 

"Logan..."

"After last night, I'm never going to stop."

Logan spun me around and pressed me up against the shower wall. Our bare chest pressed against each others' as Logan Leaned down slightly to press his lips all over my face and neck.

Lets just say we didn't leave our room for a few more hours after that.

~

It was well into the afternoon when Logan and I made our first appearances to anyone else. We went to get something to eat before he and I went to train some. As we walked into the kitchen we were met with our little gang, like usual. 

Geena was sitting on Jacob's lap, they both were wearing love struck looks. It was almost scary. Hannah and Micah were to talking to Kyle, but Micah looked a bit jittery and jumpy. Hm. Maria was coloring and chatting with Macey and Lana. 

I smiled at them all. I'm really happy Lana is in my life, but I hate that it is under these circumstances. I hate knowing that all her family she was ever apart of is now dead... all because of stupid rogues. But she has us now, we are her family now and that's that.  

No one seems to really notice us at first when we walked in, so I hoped I would be able to finish my cereal before they noticed. Too high of hopes with this group.

In about three seconds flat all the girls jumped up and screamed, "OH MY GOD!"

Next thing I know I am being kidnapped from the kitchen and into Geena's room. I was thrown onto the bed and them surrounding me. The they all jumped on the bed sitting crossed legged in front of me.