~13~

Max's POV-

By the time school ended I was back to my normal self, but everyone knew something was off about me, but thankfully left it alone. I wasn't going to get into the topi of Carly with them. We made it back to Logan's house and everyone was getting out of the car, but I didn't budge. 

"Max? You okay?" Logan questioned from the seat besides mine.

"Yeah, I just need to go to my apartment so I thought right now would be a good time," I said looking over at him with a smile. I saw the worried look on his face causing me to say, "Untwist your balls, I'm not going anywhere, but I would like my stuff back."

He nodded and buckled back up and headed out again, just the two of us. It was a comfortable silence the entire way there as I stared out the window admiring all the dense forest area. Not long later, I saw my apartment building come into view and glared at the shitting place. It was far from nice, but it was the only thing I could afford.

When got the building itself we had to walk up about three flights of steps before stumbling upon my shithole. I never really had a key to begin with so I had to lock pick my way in.

"This is your apartment, right?" Logan asked unsure as he looked around.

"Yes, it is. I never had a key so this is my in and out," I replied as I concentrated.

Finally I felt a click and turned the doorknob to let us in. I smiled at the cluttered mess of stuff I called my home for about a week until I met Logan and almost died. Yeah, great memories. 

I flicked on the lights, which wasn't much, but it was enough, and started to walk through my stuff picking it up and checking it out. 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Logan still in the doorway inspecting things.

"Laugh at it. Go ahead. I know it's shitty," I laughed as I continued.

"It's not shitty," Logan says positively as he walked over to me.

"Stop lying to yourself. I know it's shitty, you know it's shitty. It's a circle of knowing a shitty apartment when you see one," I explain to him while his face going from amused to confusion.

"What?"

"Never mind. The point is: we all know this is a shitty place." I state.

"Okay, it's pretty shitty," Logan laughs.

I made my way to my room. What was great about any of this was I never really had a lot of stuff, so it wasn't going to take long to go through and pack everything back up. The bad thing was that it was everywhere. I somehow managed to destroy any organisation I had within a couple days of being here and all my stuff was spread out making it look like I owned a lot of things.

I saw a clean pair of clothes and I rushed over to them and quickly changed into them before Logan got in here. Just as Logan walked in I was pulling m shirt over my head. 

I looked around and found my big duffel bag and started to shove all my clothes into it, soon filling it. Beginning to fill the other pockets of the bag with other things around my room is when I noticed Logan had walked out of the bedroom at one point.

Getting curious, I straightened up and went to find him. I walked out my door and saw him sitting in one of the chairs holding a piece of think paper in his hands. He looked confused.

"What's that?" I ask as i wiped my hands against my newly changed jeans as I walked over to him.

"Max... is your last name Jackson or Lark?" he questioned looking up to me.