~7~

Max's POV-

The next few days have been boring beyond belief. No one would let me do anything, I literally wasn't allowed of the house but I was feeling, and doing, fine. Everyone seemed a bit shocked at my fast healing, especially the doctor. They really didn't know how to explain it though I feel like they had an idea and weren't telling me. I feel like they all have been keeping something from me. Something big.

It was Friday and I was waiting for everyone to get back from school. Maria was hovering over me constantly, scolding me when I would get up and move around. Don't get me wrong, I am forever grateful for what they are doing for me, but now it was getting a little annoying. 

I sighed and got up from the living room couch where I was watching TV and headed to my temporary room. It was getting a little warm for me and my sweatpants and hoodie was getting to much for me. I looked through my bags trying to find a t-shirt, or even tank top, but they were all dirty or left at my apartment. I decided to just go with a sports bra and basketball shorts.

I guess I wasn't going to be leaving my room anytime soon. I really didn't want to go around showing everyone my scars. I didn't want their pity. I flopped onto the bed on my stomach and just scrolled through Instagram while I waited. Then I switched to YouTube I watched random ass videos for the remainder of the time, which wasn't as long as I thought.

Someone opened the bedroom door, but before they could say anything they just gasped. I hastily rolled onto my back, trying to cover as many of my past memories as possible. I looked wide eyed at Geena who stood at the door with a hand over her mouth. 

"Max... what happened to you?" she whispered and started to walk over to me.

"Nothing," I lied, hoping she wouldn't push the topic.

"When did you get your tattoo?" Geena asked, changing the subject.

"Eighteenth birthday," I replied and I went over to grab a hoodie to hide my torso.

"Are those scars from a whip?"

I froze and didn't reply. I didn't want tot think about them, I had almost forgotten about them, but then the nightmares of him come back and I remember everything he did to me, and everything he made me do. I should be dead, but I wasn't.

"Don't tell anyone," I pleaded in a hoarse whisper as I tried to fight the tears that threatened to spill.

"I won't as long as you promise you're going to tell us when you're ready," Geena reasoned.

"Okay." I wasn't promising anything.

Together we walked out of the room and towards the kitchen where everyone was at. Geena had given me all the work I missed from school and right now I couldn't be bothered to do any of it.  

Logan looked up at me with a smile on his face. He looked genuinely happy to see me, which is strange but kind of sweet at the same time. I smiled back and sat across from him.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"Boring because someone won't let me do anything even though I'm fine," I stated looking at Maria who wasn't paying attention. "You?"

"Boring. Wish you were there," Logan answered

I suddenly got up and looked at Logan. "I want to do something."

I started to walk towards the door until I was pulled back. I looked over my shoulder and saw Logan. He didn't seem to want me to go, but I was done just sitting around doing nothing. Literally all I've been doing is sleeping and eating, I couldn't take it anymore.