~19~

Jacob's POV- 

Logan told me to go back to the pack while he stayed back with Max. He was going to stay there until she was able to be moved back to our pack. I don't know how he must've felt, it must be horrible. Max was practically dead when they finally got to James' pack doctor. It was hard for me to watch, I don't even want to know what it was like for Logan.

I've been at the pack for a couple days now, and my birthday just passed. Yep, it is that time of year where all my the alpha's best friends turn one year older, but this year it's when we come to age for finding our mate. 

My wolf has been really jumpy, and on edge lately. I don't know why, but I think something is going to happen. I can only assume it's going to be me finding my mate, but I can't shake the feeling.

Walking out of the house to go do my patrols for the day. Nothing really out of the ordinary, apart from the rushing warrior wolves sprinting towards the west border.

"Beta! Rogues west border!'' one of the warriors yelled through mind linked. 

"How many?'" I asked frantically, running towards the woods shifting into my wolf.

'At least 15, but there could be more,'  he responded.

I didn't reply, I continued to run towards the border. I don't know how serious the situation is yet, but I highly doubt they are going to leave peacefully. I just got back form a huge rogue attack and now I have to through another one. This is great.

Once I got there, I shifted and put on a pair of shorts that was handed to me. I walked t the front of the shifted wolves. Since Logan isn't here, I am looking after the pack with Kyle until he gets back. Great, the one time he isn't here, rogues decide to attack. Yay!

"What do you want?!" I yell out to no one in particular.

A guy walked out, more like strutted, he was smirking, like he had something we didn't. What did he have? It couldn't be anything serious... right?

"It's probably what you want, not me," the rogue laughed.

"And what is that?" I growled deeply.

"Bring her out!" he yelled over his shoulder.

Just as he said that, two more rogues joined him, holding someone behind them. They were smirking as well, and it was starting to get on my nerves. Who could they have?

Both of the rogues stepped aside, each holding one of her arms. Duct tape covered her mouth, her eyes puffy, as well as a red hand print on her left cheek.

Looking at Macey like that, in that position had me shaking with fury.  How did they get her? I already know I am shaking. Nobody treats her like that. She is the pack princess and does nothing but good in her life.

"Let her go," I demanded in a tone so deep, filled with so much anger. I looked at anyone who challenged me, all of who looked away quickly.

The rogue who talked to me first even took a step back, fear flashing through his eyes, but he quickly covered it up. Macey looked at me with scared eyes, she was shaking out of fear, but making no attempt to try to get out of the grip she was being held in.

That only angered me more.

"Why? What do I get out of it?"  the rogue asked.

"Maybe a quick death," I seethed.

"You know that's not what I want," he teased.

"So you want a slow painful, tortured filled death?" I questioned him rhetorically, just trying to get on his nerves.