~14~

Logan's POV-

Gripping onto Max's shoulders tightly I tried to take in what she was telling me. She was kidnapped. For how long? By who? For what? I was trying not to lose control and it wasn't working out well for me.

How could she just leave that out? That wasn't just something you could easily leave out.

I couldn't force her to talk about it, I didn't want her to want her to break down again. Or to yell again. Max needed time to calm down and that's what she was going to do. 

I stayed where I was, staring into her eyes. Her eyes shown, there was no way she could be lying. This was so much to take in. Max has werewolf genes, and I know from what bloodline, and then i find out she was kidnapped... What more could she have gone through?

I didn't know a person could be so broken and look so composed and unaffected, but Max did it well. This makes me question myself about her.

"Max...," I started.

"Please, just... just don't say anything," Max pleaded, as she buried her face into my chest. "I can't take it anymore. The memories, nightmares, everything. It all comes back when I think about them and it's so hard not to do something stupid."

Tears pooled Max's eyes and it broke me to see her like this. I wanted to help, but I didn't know how to. She's been through so much that I haven't, so I don't understand. The most I could do was hold her tight and hope she doesn't break apart. 

"Max, we can always come back for your stuff. We should go back home for now," I murmured as I rubbed her back gently.

"I know," she whispered.

Max put on a shirt and continued to go around the room packing a duffel bag full of different clothes and other objects. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to trigger anything for her so I stayed where I was and waited. Not long after that, max finished was slung the bag's strap over her shoulder and started to walk out of the room and towards the door. 

She didn't say anything else after that. I was getting more and more worried for her by the moment, but she didn't let on that she was having an internal battle. Max wore a stone cold expression that covered any and all emotions, and if it wasn't for the breakdown earlier I would have expected she was okay.

Max stared out the window of the car the entire way back home. She looked almost lifeless. I reached over to her and grabbed her hand tightly in mine and held it, hoping it was giving her some sort of support or reassurance. At least she squeezed back and didn't pull away, but she didn't look over. 

We finally pulled into the driveway of my house. I looked over to Max, but she didn't show any hints of moving. Her eyes were closed and her head was resting against the window. I sighed. 

I let go of Max's hand and got out of the car and went to the other side to get her. Opening the door slowly, I caught Max before she fell out and woke up. I picked her up bridal style and carried her into the house. 

I made it to her room and laid her on on the bed and walked out quietly, trying my hardest not to wake her up. I stopped at the door and looked back over to her. She seemed so peaceful right now in that moment, and I didn't want that to go away. I wanted her to be peaceful and happy all the time.

I took a breath in and looked to the ground. Before I cold do anything else, I turned around and headed to my office.

"Jacob, Kyle, meet me in my office please,"  I mind linked them as I walked into my office.

Once I sat down at my desk, the door opened and in came my Beta and Third. They both gave me confused looks and sat down in the chairs in front of me.