~6~

Max's POV- 

I wake up with the scent of delicious food coming into my room. I don't get up right away, but when I did, it sucked. My side hurt like a bitch which made moving at all hurt like hell but this wound wasn't going to stop me. When I was finally up, I noticed that a lot of my stuff was here. For the most part all my stuff was just in different bags. I smiled and went over to one.

I pulled out some baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt. I quickly changed into them and put my hair up into a mess that I called a bun and walked out of the room. I was on the first floor of the house unlike everyone else and I was still trying to get used to everything so I had to follow voices and the smell of food. 

It didn't really take me long to reach the kitchen, everyone was already there, that including Logan, Geena, Jacob, Kyle, Hannah, Micah, Macey, and Logan's mom Maria. It was all so strange to see so many people helping me willingly. I still couldn't believe it, I was taught from a young age that if I wanted something I had to fend to get it myself and that I could only trust myself. I just want to know why they are all so nice to me and chose to be friends with me. 

Not only that... I want to know why I always want to be around Logan and to search out for him when he isn't there. Could I possibly be starting to like Logan? Would I be able to reveal any of my past to anyone here in time...? Would they still like me then?

These were all constant thoughts and questions running through my head. It was starting to get annoying. I didn't want any of my secrets to come out, but could they really stay hidden for long? All the pain and loss I've caused and gone through are all terrible things that no one would want to know. Will there be a time that I'll be able to talk about her without breaking apart?

This is all getting too much... I should leave this place while I still can, while I'm not attached to anyone yet. I do not want to watch something good in my life fall through my fingers again.

Could they really help me? I thought to myself as I sat down at the kitchen table. No, one would want to.

"Max! What are you doing out of bed?" Maria yelled at me with a scolding expression.

"Getting food?" I said sheepishly.

"We were going to bring it to you. We didn't think you would be up so soon," she continued.

"I never really get much sleep anyways," I mumbled under my breath, but everyone seemed to hear me.

Logan looked over at me with a worried expression. "How you doing this morning?"

"I'm fine, just a little pain. Nothing I can't deal with," I answered him, trying my hardest to reassure him that I was okay.

"Do you want anything for the pain?" Logan

"No."

After that everyone got their food and sat around the table and just chatted about minor things. It was great. Everything was so family friendly I almost laughed at it. Everyone here just added me to the family like it was no big deal. Like they hadn't only known me for two days. It was crazy.

Having the treat me like this was going to make it so much harder to leave... but I'm just going to cause them more pain if I stay.

I was forbidden from leaving the bed fro the rest of the day unless it was for the bathroom, nothing else. Everyone went to school except Logan. He stayed and basically hovered over me to make sure I didn't do anything else for the rest of the day. I was bound to resting and that is it. I was bored out of my mind.

I've gotten the most sleep in the last day than I have in the last year and half. I feel so lazy and useless. I could be up and doing something but nope, here I am sleeping because I'm not allowed to get up. Just like right now, when I fell asleep, again.