~26~

Awesome cover made by: @Mrs-Irwin-94

Max's POV-

The last weeks have been getting better. I have some time before I am in the right state of mind completely. I still wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares but they are showing up less frequently now and Logan being there helps so much. He is literally the most patient person I have ever met, he knows that it's going to take a lot longer for me to completely heal, but he is in it for the long road anyway.

Our little friend circle have all finally met their mates. We have a new addition, Alia, who fits right in. She, for some reason, was quite scared at first at meet all of us because of our titles, but thankfully she warmed up to us quickly. Her and Micah are perfect together, they are so cute.

Hannah and Kyle, though, seemed pretty shocked that they were mates, but after seeing them together before they knew they were mates it makes sense, all the pieces fit in some odd way. Jacob and Geena are so sappy and goo-y for each other I feel like I have to carry a mop around to clean up the sap and goo.

School is boring as ever, but I am fighting it out and finishing it up so I can get done and over with. Not too much longer in that place anyway, I have a lot of catching up but that doesn't matter, I'll make due.

Lana, my now adoptive daughter, is fitting right in. Her and Macey are best friends and you can't separate them even for the smallest of things. I just wish Lana didn't have to suffer from so much loss at much a young age. Even through all the loss the little girl went through she is still one of the sweetest kids I've ever met.

Her and Macey are the ones to bring light to the darkest of situations, and they are two of the strongest things helping me through right now.

Logan never wanted to rush me on anything, so he has put off me meeting the entire pack and announcing me luna formally until I felt ready to do that. I have met a lot of them, many, and they all call me luna even though I was never officially titled that yet. Everyone here is so amazing and nice that I am still having a hard time adjusting to this lifestyle.

Knowing that Grant is gone and is never coming back is another thing helping me get through this, but I still am having trouble forgiving myself for killing again. I know that the lives I took were to protect others, and probably a couple of them deserved it, but it is the fact that I killed again that gets to me.

What isn't helping me is the fact that everyone likes to baby me as if I need it. I don't want to be babied, I just want to know that I have people around me that are willing to stay rooted beside me even though I try to push them away. I just need to know that I have always have some to fall back onto if I need it.

I sat in the living room bay window looking outwards at the people messing around in the open space. I smiled. It is so home-y here and everyone is family here, it's great.

I heard someone walk in and I looked up to see Logan coming towards me. He gave me a smile as he sat down besides me.

"What you looking at?" he asked.

"The people," I replied.

Logan turned his head away from me and to the window to look at the pack members playing around. He smiled and seemed to understand why I was staring.

"Don't worry, we are all you family now. We aren't going anywhere," Logan reassured me and took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

I gave a content sigh and looked into his eyes and whispered, "I know."

Logan leaned forward and pressed his lips softly to mine and pulled back a second later. I pouted, I wanted more. He smirked at my pout and stood up pulling me up with him.