~17~

Max's POV-

Rose Blood. That must be the name of the pack that my kidnapper is from. Huh. I thought I would react differently to this kind of news, but I just sat their staring at the wall. Nothing.

Is Rose Blood some like murderous pack, though? I looked over to Logan to see his reaction, and it was different from mine. His eyes were wide, filled with shock. He was a disbelief at the answer my apparent family members gave.

No one said anything for awhile. Just sat there staring at each other, uncomfortably in my opinion. I was the only one that was moving around and I was about to ask what was going on but Jack beat me to it.

"Max, do you know who, uh, kidnapped you?" he asked in a strain voice.

I nodded. It was hard to forget the face of someone who tortured you daily for hours on end for months. It was seared into my brain and no matter what I do, it is always there. His face. Haunting me for all eternity.

I grabbed the same notebook that I drew the Rose Blood seal on an started to draw a rough sketch of him. It wasn't great, but it was enough to get a good description of him. Just drawing him brought back a ton of stuff I didn't want to remember. 

His shaggy black hair, grey eyes, his dark, yet pale skin. Everything. Even his perfect white teeth of his fucking cruel smile. He always wore dark clothes to match his eyes. Always wearing rings on his fingers to make his punches hurt more.Everything about him I just wanted to disappear from my mind. I wish I could go back and change my past from this. 

Just thinking about his appearance was making me draw faster and sloppier. 

When I finished, it showed him in dark clothes, holding a whip in front of his body with both hands, which most of his fingers had rings on them. His shaggy hair covering up part of his grey eyes. His smile showing off his perfect teeth before he was about to whip me. That's what I saw every time I was about to get another beating or torturing. Every. Single. Time. 

The sketch probably had more detail than needed but I don't care anymore. I handed the notebook back to Jack. I didn't know what to say about his expression, but I guess I assured their suspicions or something. 

"Max, why is he holding a whip?" James asked.

"That's how I always saw him. Him holding some type of weapon and smiling," I answered.

No one responded to that so I just looked in between them all. Jack and James were probably mind linking each other. Logan on the other hand sat the silently looking at nothing in particular. I didn't know what to do so I scooted closer to his and buried my face on his chest inhaling his scent. Logan's arms were immediately around my waist.  

His arms tighten around me as the silence grew. Just that slight movement from him, I knew it was him silently asking, "Why didn't you tell me?"

But I couldn't answer that. At the time, hiding it from him seemed like the best option for me. I didn't want to lose the only good thing that happened to me in years. I couldn't lose him.

James exhaled drawing my attention back to him. I looked from him to Jack to the sketch I did. They all seemed to know my unasked question, but weren't going to say anything until I actually asked it. "Who is that?"

"You don't know who he is?" James questioned.

"I may have been there for 5 months, but that doesn't mean they told me shit about them and who they were," I stated.

"Okay, so his name," Jack started pointed at the drawing," is Grant Shean, he is the Alpha of the Rose Blood pack. He has been trying to take down our pack for as long as I can remember. His son was Katie's mate, but he kill... My mate," Jack said through clenched teeth. "We had to banish Katie from the pack, along with her mate, because we couldn't separate them from each other. I heard later that Katie's mate left her and she was on her own. I guess she left out the part where she had kids. I wanted to take her back in but I couldn't. Grant killed my mate, thinking it would bring down the pack. He got me to banish my own daughter, thinking it was making matters worse. He even kidnapped people from my own pack somehow too. Everyone he kidnapped did get back, but not after being tortured and scarred. Grant knows Lark wolves, so he must've sensed you as one of us and took you, trying to get information about us you didn't know, making it worse."