~11~

Max's POV-

As we walked back to the house I realized I would be able to go back to school now. I was doing just fine, unless you count the rogues that I encountered recently. Hopefully Logan doesn't go all off and say I'm not allowed to go.

We walked through the front door and everyone was already there and most of them looked worried, when they heard the door all their heads snapped its way and relief flooded their faces.

"Max! What is wrong with you!? Do you always go out searching for danger or something?!" Geena yelled at me.

"I mean, most of the time danger find me, not the other way around," I said back.

"What are we going to do with you?" Geena sighed and gave me a light hug to avoid my shoulder. 

"You all need to stop fussing, I'll be fine in a couple days. No need to worry," I say with a smile. 

Trying to reassure a bunch of werewolves is a lot harder than one would expect. But then again, I am the only human here so I guess they are all bound to each have their own protectiveness over me. I mean, I'm glad they care, but it can be a little suffocating whenever you turn and one of them is there.

"You should go rest up, you have to go back to school tomorrow," Maria said shooing me away.

"Mom-" Logan tried to say something.

"Logan, you can't keep her anymore, she is bored out of her mind and if she says she's fine I'm going to believe her until otherwise. I will get you when dinner is ready," she stated and turned around to go start making dinner. Geena and Jacob following her to help since they were the only other ones here at the moment.

I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to the stairs to go to Logan's room to rest like I was told to do. I did not want to get on Maria's bad side ever because it seems like something at would end up killing you in the end. 

Logan was following close behind me, fussing over everything I did every step took.

"Maybe I should carry you..." Logan said, though it was more to himself than to me.

"No, you should not," I stated as I continued up.

As I got to the top of the stairs I turned the corner going to the bathroom instead of his room deciding last minute I wanted to take a shower instead of laying down. Logan still followed me and it was mildly annoying. I got to the bathroom and I walked in and shut the door in his face so he wouldn't follow me in. 

"Max, what are you doing?" Logan questioned.

"That's a stupid question. What do you think I'm doing?" I ask back as I turned the water of the shower on.

"You should be resting, like the multiple people said you should be," he argued.

"Logan, I though you knew this: I do what I want," I said as I began stripping my clothes. 

I got my shirt over my head successfully, but not without a quiet wince. A small pain spread over the wound that was just enough to make it uncomfortable for me. Though that small wince was just enough for Logan to burst through the door to see what was wrong. 

I felt my eyes widen as panic spread through my body. I pushed myself up against the wall to prevent Logan from seeing my back with all my scars on them. I didn't want to tell him that part of my story. That was the period of my life I couldn't talk about it was... horrific and more mentally scarring than my abusive parents.

Logan stood there with worried eyes, his eyes quickly ran over my body to make sure I was alright, but I wasn't. I was panicking and I was hoping it was showing on the outside, so I didn't look him in the eyes. I didn't want to explain myself. So, I stood there, holding my shirt in my hands and my back against the wall, refusing to look Logan in the eyes. It was an amazing situation for me right now. Just grand. 

"Do you want me to help you get the bandages off your shoulder?" he asked in a gentle voice.

I shook my head not rusting my voice. The last thing I wanted was my voice to crack and him to fuss more over me. I was enough hassle for all of them, I didn't want to be a bigger one from my past. 

I looked up just for a second and caught Logan's eyes, I could tell he wanted to help me and wanted to stay, but I couldn't let him see the scars on my back yet. I wanted to let him help me, but my fear of telling him what happened with him overpowered any other feelings. 

I shook my head again and looked to the floor. I heard a quiet sigh of defeat and the door close gently. I looked up and he was still there. I went stiff for a second and just stayed rooted my my spot. He was being stubborn and I admired that, but for me, right now, was a very bad time for him to pushing this on me, but I wanted him here and I wanted him to help me, despite my overpowering fear.

"Max, you can't keep pushing me away...," Logan started.

"I know. I know," I agreed with him.

"Then let me help," he said almost desperately. 

It was so hard for me to shake my head, I couldn't not let him help me. He was finally getting to me on a whole new level and it was getting harder and harder for me to stay away from him and to say no. I never wanted to be apart from him and i always wanted to make sure he was to alright for the day. Everything I was feeling was foreign and new and I didn't really know how to act on it so I push it away, but I can't do that anymore.

"Let me help."

Logan was walking towards me now, small, slow steps and I didn't move from where I was. He was so sweet and kind, gentle and caring. Always did the right thing.

I let him walk up to me and take my face in him hands. He lifted my face to look up at him. Logan's golden eyes seemed to shine more than usual, brighter. They were beautiful. I brought my hand up to place over one of his. The tingles that erupted from the touches were addicting and I could never get enough of them. 

I couldn't say no anymore. I couldn't run away from him anymore.

"Let me help."

I stepped forward and brought my face millimeters away from his, our small height difference making it easy for us to be nose to nose.  Logan's eyes now seemed to darken from the sudden closeness of us. 

I closed the gap between us and locked our lips together. Logan hands moved to my hair, tangling them there and I did the same. He pushed me back against the wall as the kiss became more heated. We both fought for dominance over the kiss, neither of us winning. Finally we pulled back away from each other, breathlessly. I had a small smile on my face as I rested my forehead against his. This was an amazing feeling and I wanted more, but not right now.

After that, Logan helped my get the bandages off my shoulder, he took a minute staring at the bite marks, tracing some of them carefully thinking about something for a second before smiling at me and leaving the bathroom to let me shower. 

I smiled and touched my lips. It was the best kiss I've ever experienced in my life and thankfully I know it's not going to be the last one either.

♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●

HULLO MY GIRAFFES! 

How was the chapter? 

Everyone, I am truly sorry for ho long I took to update. I didn't expect it to take this long for a chapter to get out, but I went out of start for most of the week and had absolutely no time to write anything, and I was to exhausted when I got home to do anything after that. So I'm here now!

Bye For Now My Giraffes! Be Crazy! Stay Awesome! Love Your Stuffed Animals! BELIEVE!!!! COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

♡°♡°♡°♡°♡°♡°