~5~

Max's POV-

My eyes fluttered open. I was staring up a blank white ceiling. The room was dark, the only sources of light were from the machines I was hooked up to and a small lamp over on a table.

There was small patterns being drawn across my arm, trails of addicting shocks followed. I turn my head ever so slightly to see who it was. I felt my eyes widen just a little bit more.

Logan sat in a chair next to me looking exhausted. He was so tired he didn't notice that I woke up. I smiled slightly at that. I thought he would have just dropped me off at the hospital and left, but here he is, looking dead.

I shifted in the uncomfortable bed, making his head snap up to look at me. Life flooded his features as he leaned forward to look at me. A smile broke out on his face as he looked into my open eyes.

"You're awake," he sighed.

"Take a lot more than that to take me out," I whispered in a hoarse voice.

Logan reach out besides him and brought a cup back with him. He brought the rim of the cup to my lips. I took the water and leaned back against the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Logan's voice was once again filled with worry as he looked me over.

"I'm fine," I replied honestly.

"You can't be fine, you just got stabbed in the side and almost died!" he seethed.

"I did, but saying as you were just tracing out each other scars on my arm, you can tell I've been through worse," I murmured to him as I looked down at my arms.

I see different emotions flood his face, all unidentifiable to me. He took my hand and gently rubbed circles across it. It was relaxing and soothing. Everything I'm feeling is confusing and it makes it worse since I've only known Logan for just over a day. I shouldn't be feeling like this.  

I want to know what's going go. Why I feel like this, why I want to always be around him, why I don't ever want his hand to leave mine... I take a slow deep breath, trying to calm my thoughts.

"Can I ask you why you went to the fighting ring?" Logan questions.

"Let's just say I'm starting to reach another low point in my life," I answer quietly as I look everywhere but him.

"That's not going to happen as long as I'm here," he whispers and grips my hand tighter.

"How long are you going to be here, though? How long will I have after you leave?" 

"How says I'm leaving?"

"Everyone always does at one point..." I mumble more to myself than to him.

"I'm not going anywhere," Logan stated confidently. I only nodded, knowing it couldn't be true.

I comfortable silence filled the room as my eyes started to droop close again. 

~

I wake up again, but this time the room is full of light. I squint my eyes trying to get them to adjust. I try to sit up more, but then pain flared up in my side, making me wince almost silently. I stopped all my movement and just stayed in my uncomfortable position and just stuck to it.

I looked around and noticed Logan wasn't in the room. I wonder if he finally realized I was too broken to be fixed and just left. Couldn't blame him, I probably would've done the same to myself. I try to listen to hear if anyone was coming, but I really couldn't over the beeping of the machines that I was hooked up to. 

Giving up, I leaned back into the bed and just waited to see if anyone would come in at one point. Surprisingly, it was long after that where a little girl hopping into the room. Her eyes were doe-like and the same color as Logan's, but she had long blonde hair. She looked very young, 5 maybe 6. Her smile was almost contagious.