~20~

Max's POV-

It feels like I've been here for forever. All I see is darkness, an endless void of nothingness. What happened? That's when I heard a voice that pulled me back to reality.

"She has to wake up. She has to," someone said, it sounded pained and forced.

"For one, Max wouldn't want to see you like this. You haven't left this room since you got back here. I'm hurt too, you didn't even stop by to see if I was okay," another voice said.

"I'm sorry Jacob... It's just Max has been in this situation so many times since I met her and she's been out for days," I can only assume Logan mumbled.

"It's okay, Logan. She's gonna wake up. When have you known Max not to fight?"

That seemed to shut Logan up for the time being. I heard him sigh and then move away. He got up and walked away, to where I have no idea. But I couldn't help but think of where I was and what had happened recently.

An obnoxious beeping sound that I just noticed started to beep louder and faster. I tried t open my eyes but it felt like they were cemented shut. I was getting frustrated that I couldn't open my eyes. I gathered up all the strength I had in me, which wasn't a lot at the moment, and forcefully opened my eyes.

The room was dimly lit. I looked around the room and no one was in the room with me anymore and I wondered where Logan went. Did he leave? I tried to sit up, but a pain shot through my shoulder. I winced slightly and gently laid back down.

I tried sitting up again, this time expecting the pain as I did so. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and realized I was in the pack infirmary. There was an IV in my arm, that I casually ripped out and stood up on wobbly legs. I didn't hear anyone come in the room, so I kept attempting to find the door out of here.

"Max!" I heard someone yell from behind me and loud fast steps following it.

I was engulfed in a huge bear hug and I just stood there shook at what is happening. I felt pleasurable shocks shoot through my arms and I knew immediately it was Logan. He buried his head in the crook of my neck and began to kiss my skin lightly.

"Logan, wh-what happened? Why am I here?" I asked him as cupped my face with his hands.

Just as he was about to answer my questions the door to the room burst open. A little girl ran in and up to me. She hugged my legs, almost making me fall to the ground, thankfully Logan caught me. I looked up at Logan confusedly, but he just nodded his head towards the girl.

I crouched down to her level and lifted her chin up so she would look at me. Her eyes. Her dark blue eyes. Lana. Everything came back to me. My kills... I killed again. I swore never to do that again, and yet I did...

Again, the door to the room opened and Jacob rushed in, and I noticed the slight limp and how his arm was in a way protecting his ribs. He stopped abruptly and stared at me wide eyed. I picked Lana up and handed her to Jacob, but not without promising her to see her later. Jacob thankfully seemed to understand what was about to happen and took Lana out of the room.

I turned to Logan and just broke down.

Tears streamed down my face as my my knees buckled from beneath me sending me to the floor. Logan didn't catch me and was quickly by my side on the floor gathering me in his arms. He took us back to the bed with me on his lap, trying to calm me down. his caring whispers and calming words didn't do anything, though.

I looked up to Logan to find him already looking down at me with his worried golden eyes. We always found ourselves in this position. I was always breaking and he was always trying to fix me. This was fair for him. He deserves better.