~8~

Logan's POV-

I sit next to Max, her face was slightly pale and her breathing seemed faster than usual. I couldn't believe that I let this happen. We all should have known the rouges would've come, but we didn't. Not only that, but we let them get so far onto the territory, endangering everyone. Endangering Max... I dripped her hand, hoping she would wake up soon.

Geena came into the room and sat next to me. She looked at me. "What are you going to tell her?"

"I don't know yet, I can't think straight with her laying here like this. I'm going crazy. I'm her mate, I'm supposed to protect her and yet here I let her get stabbed and almost killing by a rouge that shouldn't have been able to get past the borders. I'm terrible," I whisper as I look at Max.

"Logan, she is going to be okay. She's going to make it out of this. Max is strong and if I'm being honest, I know she has been through worse and survived. I bump to the head is nothing," Geena reassured.

I just nodded, not having any other words to say. Sitting here in a silent room was torture, knowing I put my mate in danger was torture. I sighed and ran my hand over my face. I needed to stop thinking like this. 

Max shifted and I sat up straight, squeezing her hand tightly in mine. She started to mumble incoherent words then her eyes snapped open and gasped.

"Werewolves."

I froze. What did she say?

"Werewolves. You're werewolves."

"W-what? How?" I stuttered, utterly confused at how she knew. Well, this helps me a little at least. Hopefully.

Max say up and pressed a palm to her tempt and grimaced. "I've met some before," was her short answer.

"You're... You're not mad?" I asked.

"Why would I be mad?"

"For not telling you?"

"You were probably going to tell me at one point, right?" Max questioned and I immediately nodded.

I smiled and I did something unexpected for the both of us. I leaned in and captured her lips with mine and dominated the kiss, though Max fought for that too. It was the cliche moment where the fireworks went off and everything was perfect in that moment of time. Everything else disappeared and it was just me and Max in this second of time. 

I pulled back from the kiss and I rested my forehead against hers. She just smiled with her eyes closed. Max was beautiful in every way.

"Wow," Max breathed.

"Yeah." I smiled as she opened her eyes.

"Is there anything else I should know about you or anyone else?" she asked.

"Uh... there is, but I'm not sure you should know saying as we haven't know each other long...." I really didn't want to rush Max into this life, she seems to already have enough hammering around in her head, I don't want to add anymore stress or pressure.

"I feel like I've known you for years," Max whispered.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"We're mates," I stated bluntly.

"Wait... What?" Max pulled away from me and looked at me confused.

"A mate for a werewolf is like a soul mate. Someone you're supposed to be with fr your whole life after you meet them. It's a gift, and some people don't ever meet their mate," I try to explain.