~10~

Max's POV-

"My dad died last years from a rogue attack and I soon after I became alpha of the pack," Logan said as we laid in bed.

"Is that how you go the scars on your chest?" I questioned as I traced them with my finger.

"Yeah. That was a hard day for the entire pack, but especially on my mom. She lost her mate and almost me," he added.

"I can't imagine what it must've been like for any of you," I said.

"Well there's not much we can do now."

We fell into a comfortable silence and I let my eyes fall close. Listening to Logan's heartbeat I was finally able to let sleep take over even though it was early in the morning, but who am I kidding, when has that ever stopped me? 

'Max, remember I will always love you. I will always watch over you.' Bryan said hugging me.

'What do you mean? What are you going to do?' I asked panicking.

"I love you, Max," he whispered and kissed my forehead and walked away from me.

I didn't know what he meant until it all came together. I ran towards his room and tried to open the door. It was locked. I banged on the door telling him to open it. He wouldn't. I cried and cried telling him to stop, to unlock the door. But he never did. I slid down the door and cried.

My dad came home.

"Maxine! Get down here!" He yelled.

"No!" I yelled back.

That's when I heard his heavy footsteps stomping up the stairs angrily. He walked around the corner and saw me slumped on the floor with my head in my hands. He stopped and stared at me with hateful eyes.

"What are you doing?!" he yelled.

"B-Bryan..." I whispered as I choked on a sob.

"What do you 'Bryan'?" he asked snobbishly.

I couldn't answer so I pointed to Bryan's locked door. My dad got the gesture and literally kicked my out of the way. He tried to open the door, but since it was locked he just kicked it open. He was about to stomp his way in there when he stopped mid step with a horrified expression. I followed his gaze to see my brother laying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. All the air left my body, my blood ran cold, and it felt like I was stabbed in the heart.

The only person who loved me... Gone...

I was stuck here with abusive people I call my parents. Bryan left me.

My dad looked at me with burning hate in his eyes. Next thing I know I am punched in the face sending me straight to the floor. He kicked me in the stomach a few times and when he finally stopped he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me up to look him in the eyes. I stared into his cold hard green eyes and he stared into my red, blood shot puffy green eyes. I still had tears running down my face. Next thing I know I am thrown to the floor.

"You made him kill himself!" My dad screamed at me.

I had enough. I stood up and looked him stare in the eyes.

"I didn't make him do anything! You! You made him kill himself! You did it! Always beating us like we are some rag doll! We are your kids you fucks sake and you beat us like were nothing! Parents are supposed to love their children. But apparently I was wrong! Stop blaming me for something you caused! And we both know you caused it! So, shut up and just kill me too!" I screamed in his face, with silent tears screaming down my face.