Chapter 35- Old Feelings and Potions

Seto's POV

Jax set me and Mitch down beside the potion I had been brewing for the guys (and now me), and I approached the vial of the quietly bubbling liquid, seeing its maroon color.

"Wow." Jax leaned down on her elbows, folding her arms. "Impressive Seto." I nodded wordlessly in gratitude as Samantha sat down in one of the chairs that faced my desk, where me and Mitch stood.

"... So what's the game plan here?" She asked. I looked over at Jax.

"Well, this potion only has a couple more days before it's ready, so Aelam and Eric are bound to cause trouble. But they don't know you Jax, so that's going to be a plus."

"So you guys need protection." Jax murmured, leaning forward a little. I nodded sheepishly.

"Yeah." I admitted. "There's too many of us for Samantha to take care of herself, so maybe-?"

"I'll do it." She asserted. "I don't have any potions brewing at home, and I've been kinda bored and... Well, I also missed you Seto." I felt my cheeks heat up a little, and I looked away from everyone. She's bringing that up now, while the others are here?

"... I'm hungry." Mitch complained to break the awkward silence. Samantha smiled kindly at him.

"I'm sure the others are hungry too, I'll cook you guys something." Mitch climbed onto her expectant hand as I skirted around my potion, pretending to check that everyone was going ok.

"Seto, you coming?" She asked, standing up. I shook my head, mumbling absently, "I'll be there in a little bit." She nodded, glancing at Jax before leaving the room with Mitch. Me and Jax stayed silent for a few minutes, feeling a little awkward now that we were alone.

"... So you look like you're doing pretty good." She finally commented, glancing at my bookshelves. I nodded, turning to her.

"Yeah I'm doing ok. How 'bout you?" I responded. She shrugged, sitting back onto the chair.

"Same." She replied.

"Good good..." We both fell silent again for another few minutes, then Jax murmured, "So... Are we gonna talk about what happened all those years ago?" I bit my lower lip nervously.

"You were in trouble, what else was I suppose to do?" I replied in a low voice. "People were making fun of you, I had to scare them off. It's not like I killed them or anything."

"But you hurt them." She gave me a stern look. "You let your anger get the best of you." I forced myself to relax from my defensive posture.

"I didn't mean to though." I murmured. "But they were hurting you. Making fun or you. Sending you home with bruises and cuts." Jax leaned forward close to me.

"And why did you even help me in the first place? It wasn't just because I have a magic aura." I took a deep breath before glancing up st her and uttering my deepest secret.

"... B-because... Because I have a crush on you, Jax."

Samantha's POV

It had been a few minutes after I fixed up some steak for the Tinies before Jax and Seto joined us, both silent. It wasn't very unusual, so I shrugged it off, cutting up the food small enough for them to eat before going over to the couch. I sat down and gently picked Adam up, seeing he was still asleep.

"Adam..." I murmured quietly, gently nudging him with the back of my finger. He mumbled something incoherently under his breath, turning over a little. My gaze softened at his innocence. "Come on Adam, you need to eat." I gently urged, petting him on the head. He stirred a little, but didn't rouse from his sleep. "Adam..." I said again, in a slightly stricter voice. "Do you not want pork steak? Delicious meat with flavor?"

"... Eh...m..." He grumbled under his breath, turning over again and hugging my thumb. "... Wa... Rm..." I chuckled quietly, shifting my hand a little in hopes to wake him from his slumber.

"Come on Adam..." I pleaded softly in a sing-song voice. "Don't make me sing 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?'" he finally stirred awake, opening one eye and glowering at me.

"Oh... God no... Spare me..." He whined jokingly, making an exaggerated scared expression. I scoffed playfully and messed his hair up, and he made a pouty face at me. "Stchap eet... Dun mess with my majestic hair..." He sat up, grinning a little as he fixed his hair. I laughed softly, picking the folded blanket up and setting it on the coffee table.

"Come on, let's go eat, I made pork steak."