Chapter 23 - Him

"Di, breakfast is ready downstairs." I roll over after opening my eyes to face Zayn. He's already dressed, kneeling in front of his bed.

"Do I have to get up?" I ask and he nods. I sigh, before standing up, grabbing clothes to change into. I don't even bother looking at what I grabbed before throwing it on and following Zayn downstairs, my hand laced with his.

"How long are you staying for?" Trisha asks Zayn, after passing us both a plate with an omelet on it.

"I have to leave tonight, after the concert at the school, Diana's singing first and then One Direction is. Then we head out to Holmes Chapel, then to Doncaster, to Wolverhampton, and then we fly to Mullingar. Diana's staying here to keep you guys company. She'll probably tell you all the embarrassing moments I've had in the X Factor house. Cheryl will also stop by a couple times, to meet with Diana about the finale. Diana will leave sometimes so she can rehearse too." Zayn explains. I should've clued in that he'd have to leave, but I didn't and I suddenly lose my appetite.

"What happened to your hand, Zayn?" Doniya asks sounding worried. Zayn looks over at me for help but I shake my head, holding in a laugh.

"You're on your own for this one. I wasn't even in the room." I state, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I might have got frustrated and punched a wall." He tells them and looks down at his left hand that's still bandaged up.

"Diana, you might want to look at this." Doniya passes me her phone which is open to a gossip site, I let my eyes scroll down the page quickly and then again, slower this time.

"No, no, no." I mutter. Zayn takes the phone from me and I sit there silently as everyone except for Zayn clears the room.

"Hey it's going to be fine." Zayn tries to reassure me.

"No press were allowed in the court room how did they get in?" I ask in shock. Panic overtaking me.

"Diana, there's nothing we can do anymore." He tells me quietly.

"You don't get it, Zayn! My personal life isn't my own anymore. It's out there for everyone to see." Tears well in my eyes and I try to blink them back but it's no use. "Everyone knows what I want to forget."

"It'll blow over, Di. It always does." He tries to tell me but I shake my head.

"What happens when people Google my name huh? Raped, abused, God knows what else will be there." I run my hands through my hair and stand up. I slip on my heels and my jacket, along with my black beanie.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asks slamming his hand on the table.

"I'm going to clear my head." I sigh, he stands up going to take my hand but I move it before he can.

"I want to spend the day with you." He whispers quietly, he places his hands on my shoulders and I nod.

"Can we just go for a walk please?" I ask softly, he nods, slipping on his shoes and his jacket, taking my hand in his. We head outside into the lightly falling snow, letting silence over take us. "Sorry for snapping at you back there."

"It's okay, I understand." He stops us, turning me to face him and he places his hands on my upper arms. "I get it, you don't have to worry about it."

"I feel bad Zayn, I yelled at you and you were only trying to help." I say quietly.

"Don't feel bad, look I'm okay, I'm still here." He tells me and cups my cheeks with his hands. He looks in my eyes before slightly leaning in, I close the gap between us, softly kissing him. I pull him closer by his jacket, wrapping my arms around his torso. We end the kiss and I lean my head on his shoulder, in the crook of his neck. I place a soft kiss on the edge of where his jawline meets his neck, he quietly laughs and holds me close to him. These are the moments I love, when we don't have to bother pretending to be someone we're not. When we're together. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere you want." I tell him quietly.

"Why don't we go back to the house and have a movie marathon until we have to go rehearse?" Zayn asks me softly, I nod in response, taking his hand as we walk back to his house.

"You know at the beginning of the X Factor, I never thought I would make it to the finale. This is like a dream." I say as we take off our coats and shoes. Zayn takes off his hat and tugs the beanie off my head. We see a note on the table saying his family went out and we grab a few blankets before sitting on the couch. He sits down and pulls me onto the couch so my legs lay over top of his and my head rests on his shoulder. He leans his head against my forehead and breathes slowly.

"I remember the first day I saw you, you looked absolutely stunning. Joining the X Factor, I never thought I would meet a girl as perfect as you." He stares mindlessly at the blank TV screen, holding his arms around my waist. He takes the bandages of his left hand, revealing a couple healing cuts before tossing it aside. "I don't want to let you go."

"Then don't." I whisper back. I take in everything about him, his smell, the way he smiles and hides his face when he blushes or gets embarrassed. The way he holds me close to him like he's my shelter from the world. After the X Factor ends I guess we will too, it's not something I want but if it happens, I can't change his mind.

"Diana?" He says quietly.

"Hmm?" I hum in response, moving my head to look up at him.

"I'm glad I met you." He says looking down at me.

"I'm glad I met you too." I reply and lean up, pressing my lips against his. We return to our original positions after the kiss and I'm left with my thoughts after Zayn decides he's too lazy to put a film in.

What if I'm not good enough for him? After all this, what if he decides I'm not what he wants? I wish I had my best friend beside me and Lucas, I can't call him my brother, my best friend, or my boyfriend, he's Lucas, my Lucas. They were all I had but now I have Zayn and right now he's all I need, I just don't know if I'll get to keep him much longer.

Just because you know each other's pasts, it can all change. One wrong word and it's all over. Sure we've been through multiple fights before but people can only take so much.

I want to remember this moment, this day, him. I want to remember him. No matter what happens I will always remember these amazing months I've shared with him. I can't set my hopes too high because every hello ends with a goodbye.

"Before I fall too fast, Kiss me quick but make it last." I mumble quietly, Zayn turns to look at me, obviously hearing what I said. He doesn't question it, he just places his lips against mine. He moves his hand to the side of my face cupping my jaw and my ear at the same time. He strokes his thumb against my cheek softly as he continues to kiss me passionately. He picks me up bridal style, carrying me up the stairs to his room, softly dropping me on his bed. He somehow manages not to break the kiss as he climbs on top of me, pressing his weight on his knees and elbows. I tug on the end of his shirt, lifting it above his head as he does to same to me. Maybe he's all I need from now on, he's all the love I need. He takes all the love I give, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.