Chapter 1 - The Audition.

Ello! I'm Diana Jessica Maine. I dyed my hair bright red but its fading now, it has a purplish tinge to it and surprisingly looks good faded, that reaches my belly button and I have green eyes that are apparently mesmerising. Yeah they're not to me, I'm 17 and my birthday is in February, it's now September. I want to try out for the X Factor, but I never sing in front of people, my friend is pushing me to do it. Her name is Riley James, she has brown hair and bright blue eyes, she's 18 and a dancer for the X Factor.

"Riley, we still need to figure out which song I'm singing. We need it sent to them in two hours." I tell her, we share a flat in South Shields, have since I got in a fight with my parents in March. I open my Acer laptop and type in the password, open my email, and start one off to send to the X Factor people.

"How about that Dixie Chicks song you're always singing." She tells me. I pull up the karaoke version of Top Of The World.

"Okay." I say and cut up the song, I attach it to the email and send it off. My audition is tomorrow and I'm so nervous, why did I let Riley talk me into this?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"I wish I could've stood where you would've been proud,

That won't happen now (x2),

There's a whole lot of singing that's never gonna be heard,

Disappearing everyday without so much as a word somehow,

Think I broke the wings off the little song bird,

She's never gonna fly to the top of the world right now,

Top of the world,

I don't have to answer any of these questions,

Don't have no god to teach me no lessons,

I come home in the evening and sit in my chair,

Would call me for supper but I never got up,

I stayed right there,

In my chair,

There's a whole lot of singing that's never gonna be heard,

Disappearing everyday with out so much as a word somehow,

Think I broke the wings off a little song bird,

She's never gonna fly to the top of the world right now,

Top of the world." I sing into the mic and pull it away from my face to look at the judges.

"Umm, wow." Says Katy Perry, Simon stays silent and Louis looks shocked.

"You have an amazing voice, it could take you far in this show and in life." Louis tells me.

"Thank you." I say to both Katy and Louis.

"How old are you, Diana?" Simon asks me.

"Seventeen." I reply.

"You have an amazing voice but we have to worry because of your age. Are you ready for this?" Simon asks.

"Yes, I am ready." I reply confidently.

"Okay then. Louis?" Simon asks.

"Yes, you have an amazing voice and any one of us judges would love to have you on our team if you make it to the live shows." Louis tells me.

"Katy?" Simon asks.

"Yes, damn girl. You have an amazing voice." She tells me.

"Well Diana." Simon starts and pauses making me nervous. "You have three yeses."