Chapter 9 - Merry Christmas

4 Weeks Later.

I made it through the first four live shows, so did Cher and One Direction. Right now every girl contestant and every group are sitting in the living room in the one X Factor house. Except I'm late as usual. Oops. I walk in and everyone stares at me.

"Sorry." I say and stand by the door since there's no where to sit.

"You all did great this week, as you know it's your time to get a week and a half off for Christmas." Simon says to us. "Have fun, merry Christmas and we'll see you in the new year."

"Merry Christmas." We all chorus. I head up to my room, there comes a knock on the door as I finish zipping up my bag. "Come in."

"Hey." It's Zayn, he walks in and I place my suitcase on the floor. I sit on my bed and he sits beside me.

"Hey." I say quietly.

"So you're heading off to North America." Zayn says.

"Yeah." I say quietly. "You're heading off to Bradford."

"I'm not unless you want me to." He then pulls out a plane ticket, to North America.

"Don't you want to see your family?" I ask shocked.

"They went on vacation." He tells me. "If you don't want me to go with you I won't."

"You're a great fake boyfriend." I say quietly and hug him. He hugs me back and I rest my chin on his shoulder.

"Does that mean you want me to go?" He asks me quietly.

"I would love to have you go with me." I answer back quietly.

"Sorry to interrupt." Says Cheryl entering my room.

"It's no problem at all." I assure her, letting to of Zayn.

"Zayn, I think you should go to your room with the rest of One Direction." Cheryl tells him, I all of a sudden get nervous as she says that. She sits in the spot where Zayn just got up from and I crisscross my legs and turn to face her. "There's 2 things I need to say. There's the next song you're doing and some bad news."

"What song am I doing?" I ask her trying to avoid the bad news.

"When I look at you by Miley Cyrus." She tells me.

"And the bad news?" I ask and she places her hand on my wrist in a motherly way. Me and Cheryl have gotten so close over the past four weeks.

"The car crash that killed Riley and James wasn't an accident, it was intentional." She tells me. Tears immediately start falling. "I was told that the person who caused the accident, thought Riley was you in the car. Did you want to tell me what's going on?"

"I can't." I whisper. I lay back on my bed, with my back to Cheryl and cry. She rubs my back for me and I start to calm down. I hear someone enter the room but Cheryl stands up and walks over to them.

"I think it's best if we give her some time, alone." I hear Cheryl whisper to the unknown guest.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In North America.

"Uncle Scott!" I say happily when I see him. I hug him tightly and then smile at the woman beside him.

"Hey Diana." He says with a smile.

"Uncle Scott, this is Zayn, my boyfriend." I say to him and he shakes Zayn's hand.

"This is Lou, my fiancé." He tells me. I shake her hand and so does Zayn. We get our luggage and head out to the truck that he brought. "So, after the wedding me and Lou are flying off to Newfoundland. I was hoping you two wouldn't mind spending a couple of nights without me and Lou."