Chapter 10 - Keep It.

1 Week Later.

"Simon called, he wants us to head back early to talk about how the press is gonna find out about the break up." Zayn tells me. I look up from my journal, I've been keeping one since Riley and Lucas died.

"So when are we leaving?" I ask.

"In an hour." He tells me before heading back into the room we've been 'sharing'. Since the wedding I've been sleeping on the couch and he's been sleeping in the room. The only reason we've talked is if someone from the show called. I walk into the room after closing my journal to pack up my stuff and find Zayn doing the same. We pack in an awkward silence and my ringing phone breaks it.

"Hey Cheryl." I say.

"Hey lovely, we need you to come back early to get ready for the next show." She tells me.

"Yeah, umm Simon called Zayn, we're leaving in five minutes." I tell her. Zayn leaves to get his stuff from the bathroom leaving me alone in the room so I sit down on the bed.

"How'd the break up go?" She asks.

"The happy version? Or the truth?" I reply quietly. "Umm it's been silent, honestly. The only reason we've talked is because the show called. It's different, but it's not as different as losing Riley and Lucas. Zayn seems pissed off at the world, he's not the guy I met after the auditions, he's someone totally different."

"Diana, time to go." Zayn says reentering the room.

"I'll see you when I get there. Goodbye Cheryl." I end the call and grab my bag, making sure I didn't miss anything. We lock the house up and drop the keys off with Scott's assistant before heading the the airport.

BACK AT THE XFACTOR HOUSE.

"Lover boy! Di!" Cher yells and pills me into a hug before pulling an emotionless Zayn into a hug. All the guys from One Direction bound down the stairs and smile at me except for Niall.

"What happened on your trip?" Harry asks.

"We broke up." I reply before carrying my bag to the room Cher and I share. I unpack my clothes and Cheryl walks in.

"Hey." She says. "So I was thinking, and I want you and Zayn to talk."

"Have fun getting that to work." I say sarcastically.

"Is everything alright?" She asks.

"2 months today, two months ago they both died. The died because the guy who wants to kill me, hit their car! It's all my fault." A few tears fall down my face but I wipe them away. "And now the lawyer wants me to go clean out Lucas' house. This is all too much, I can't deal with his house right now."

"I'll call the lawyer." Cheryl tells me. I nod in thanks.

"I miss them like crazy. They were the only family I had left." I tell her. She leaves the room and the tears just fall faster. I lean on the desk because at this point I don't think I can hold myself up, let alone hold myself together. The door opens and I turn, leaning on the desk, I see Zayn standing there.

"Cheryl told me to come talk to you." He says. "She told me what you said."

"And what exactly did I say?" I ask, the tears finally slowing down.

"It's okay to miss them Diana, it's apart of life. But it's not your fault." He tries to tell me.

"Yeah it is my fault when the guy was trying to kill me." I tell him. "He thought it was me in the car."

"Why was he trying to kill you?" Zayn asks.

"You wouldn't get it even if I told you. You'd hate me." I say. "But I can believe it's my fault when it is! They're dead because of me."