Chapter 30 - A Fresh Start (final chapter)

2 Weeks Later.

"Can you give me one good reason why you won't move in with me?" Zayn asks, placing his plate in the sink.

"We've only been together for two weeks." I reply with a laugh.

"Maybe officially, but we've been together longer than two weeks." Niall walks into Zayn's flat, taking some of the crisps out of the bowl in front of me.

"Whatcha talking about?" He asks with a mouthful making me laugh.

"I'm trying to get Diana to move in with me." Zayn responds, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"There's got to be a good reason if she won't move in with you, even if she's here all the time anyways." Niall smirks at me, I stick my tongue out at him, moving the bowl before he can take anymore food.

"I won't move in because we've only been together for two weeks." I repeat so Niall knows my reasoning.

"Didn't you tell me you moved in with Riley after only knowing her for one week?" Niall questions.

"Not the point." I laugh, my phone starts vibrating with a phone call. "Who is it?"

"It's Cody." Zayn grumbles, I give him a confused look before getting up to grab my phone.

"Hello?" I say after bringing my phone up to my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a twin sister? That's why you wanted your mums phone number and address?" He sounds annoyed.

"Well for starters I don't really need to tell you anything and two she hasn't been my mother for years." I respond, I leave the kitchen, walking out of Zayn's flat into the hallway. "Since when did I have to give you explanations?"

"Your mother thought it was going to be you who was going to see her. Not you're sister who she gave up eighteen years ago." Cody raises his voice.

"I'm done with this Cody, you want to yell at someone, go yell at my so called mum for leaving me when I needed her most." I end the call and wipe away tears from my eyes. I get a text from SyCo records two minutes later, standing in shock as I read it.

From SyCo Records:
You're headed down to America for the next year, writing and recording will be done for you're album there, you'll be working with different artists and going on tour with an artist while writing. You leave tomorrow.

I almost drop my phone, I only snap out of my trance like state when Liam calls my name.

"Hey Diana, is Zayn inside?" I immediately lock my phone, shoving it in my pocket.

"Yeah." I try to muster a smile while following Liam inside, trying to think of the best way to tell Zayn.

"Hey mate, are Harry and Louis coming too?" Zayn asks after giving Liam a bro hug.

"They said they should be up soon." Liam confirms with a bright smile.

"Diana? Are you okay? Or are you just going to stand there all day?" Niall asks with a smile, Zayn looks concerned as I shake my head, grabbing my jacket from the back of the chair I was sitting on earlier.

"I'm going to head back to my flat, I'll call you later." I tell Zayn, I start to walk out of the flat and down the hallway, only for Zayn to follow me.

"Are you okay Di?" He asks worried.

"I'm good, I just have some things to do, I'll call you later." I kiss his cheek after practically lying to his face. I make my way down to the parking lot, climbing into my car and driving to the flat I used to share with Riley. When I get inside I pull out my phone calling Cheryl immediately.