Chapter 29 - Peacefully

"I think you should do this on your own." Cheryl places her hand on my shoulder reassuringly before I walk into the dressing room that this Jade girl I'm supposed to meet is in. When I walk in the room I'm speechless, this girl looks exactly like me.

"I'm Jade." She extends her hand for me to shake. I can't bring myself to shake her hand as I stand there in shock. "I'm guessing you never knew you had a sister."

"No." I shake my head in disbelief, having to sit down on the couch to calm down.

"I was adopted when I was a month old, I was never told why I was put up for adoption, but I was told I have a twin sister. I've been trying to find you since I turned 18, and the X Factor happened to be on one day and I saw you and I knew where to find you." She explains to me.

"Why wasn't I put up for adoption?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. I was going to ask you if you knew where our mum was?" She sits down on a chair across from me.

"I have to make a few phone calls but I could figure it out." I grab my phone trying to process the fact that I not only have a sister but a twin sister. "I'll just be a minute."

"I'll wait here." She smiles at me. I head to the stage area, sitting on the edge of the stage as I dial the number I didn't think I'd have to for a while.

"Hello?" Cody's voice fills my ears.

"Hey Cody, it's Diana." I start to say.

"I heard you won, congratulations." He says awkwardly.

"Thanks. I was wondering if you knew where my mum was? Or if you had her phone number." I play with the lights on the side of the stage as I wait for his answer.

"Yea her address is 229 Brooklyn Avenue in London." He continues to give me her phone number as I write it down on a stray piece of paper, adding her name at the top of the page for Jade.

"Thanks, I have to go. Goodbye Cody." I end the call and head back to the room Jade is in. I pass her the piece of paper and she smiles at me.

"I'm sorry about what you had to go through growing up-" I cut her off.

"Can we not do this whole sisterly bonding thing? Especially when it's over my past that I don't exactly want to relive. And no offence but I just found out I have a twin sister. It takes some time to process." I tell her, running my hand though my hair.

"Umm well if you wanted to know I was taken care of. My parents are amazing. And I would like a chance to get to know you, if you're up to it." She tells me with a smile. I open up the contacts in my phone and let her put her number in before saving it.

"I umm, I should get going, I'll give you a call when I'm ready to talk." I exit the room and catch a cab back to the X Factor house. I find Zayn writing a note in my room.

"I was just going to leave this." He holds up the key to a flat. "Simon bought One Direction flats, Niall and Liam are sharing, and Harry and Louis are sharing. I was the one who pulled the long straw and got my own flat. If you change your mind about us, just drop by and let me know. The address is on the paper."

"Okay." He drops the key into my hand before walking out of the room, carrying his suitcase down the stairs, leaving me alone in the house. I pack up my things, bringing my bag downstairs and leaving it by the front door before walking into the kitchen. I sit on one of the bar stools at the island and place the key down in front of me, just staring at it.

"Hey lovely." Cheryl comes into the kitchen with a big smile on her face. She sits across from me and looks at the key, confused.

"He gave me a key to his flat." I tell her quietly. "He told me if I ever changed my mind about him and I, to stop by."