Chapter 25 - See You Finale Night

"Zayn, you have to get up." I mumble, slightly pushing his arm.

"I don't wanna." He groans, burying his face in his pillow.

"You have to go, you're heading to Holmes Chapel." I sigh, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"But I don't want to leave you." That's the opposite of what he was saying yesterday.

"Zayn." I say warningly and I start to stand up. He grabs my hand, stopping me from getting up.

"Why are you pushing me away." He asks quietly.

"I'm not." I reply as my phone goes off. I pull it out of my pocket to see a text from Niall.

From Nialler:
We're on our way. Zayn isn't answering his phone.

I quickly type a reply as Zayn stares at me, wondering who I'm texting.

To Nialler:
I'm trying to wake him up. He says he doesn't want to leave.

A text from Niall pops up a minute later.

From Nialler:
We'll be there in ten.

I don't bother answering as I place my phone on Zayn's nightstand.

"The guys will be here in ten minutes." I tell Zayn.

"Why are you changed already?" He asks getting up. He grabs a pair of jeans, a white T-shirt and his black Jack Wills hoodie. He walks into the bathroom and comes out two minutes later fully dressed.

"I'm meeting with Cheryl, a car is coming in less than five minutes to pick me up." I reply, slipping on my ankle boots with a three inch, chunky heel.

"Can you wait with me until I have to go?" He asks quietly.

"We're working on my winners single, my song with Cheryl, and my final performance. We need as much time as we can get." I reply, standing beside Zayn in the bathroom while I brush my teeth, using mouthwash after. Zayn does the same and my phone vibrates.

From Cheryl:
Just pulled into the driveway.

To Cheryl:
Be out in a minute.

I lock my phone and Zayn places his hand on my hip, his thumb brushing against the bare skin of my visible stomach.

"I have to go." I say brushing off Zayn's hand.

"Diana." Zayn sighs, following me down the stairs.

"I'll see you finale night." I turn slightly to look at him and then walk out the door. I get into the back of the SUV beside Cheryl.

"Morning girly." She says with a smile. I smile back without saying a word, feeling my phone vibrating every few seconds. I pull it out to see texts from Zayn.

From Zayn:
Diana what's going on?

From Zayn:
I don't want to leave like this.

From Zayn:
I don't want to leave you like this.

From Zayn:
Diana can you please just text me or call me.

From Zayn:
I really want to talk to you.

From Zayn:
Diana please.

I hold my lock button until it says 'slide to power off'. I slide my nod shut off phone into my pocket, sighing softly.

"What's wrong?" Cheryl asks quietly.

"I'm ready to show you that song." I tell her quietly.

"Okay." She doesn't say anything else until we pull up to a recording studio. Right away I'm in the booth, recording the piano part and then singing it. When I exit the booth Cheryl has tears streaming down her face. "That was absolutely amazing, Diana."