Chapter 3 - I'm 17.

I look up to see Zayn.

"Hi." I say bluntly.

"Hey, I was coming to check on you, I heard what happened." Zayn says.

"Ugh, thanks. I'm fine." I reply.

"No you're not." He says.

"Is it that easy to tell?" I ask him.

"A little." He replies. "I'm here if you need to talk."

"I know." I say softly and he goes to leave. "Can you stay?"

"Anything." He replies. He sits down beside me and I lean my head on his shoulder. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your parents?"

"Four years ago I guess it was, I didn't want to be around the house. My dad is a drunk and my mom, it's like she's not there anymore." I say to him. "It's like she's just a corpse."

"I know what you mean." He says and pulls me into a hug.

"I lived with my friend and now I don't want to go home." I tell

Zayn.

"You don't have to." He says.

"If I get sent home, I don't know what I'm going to do." I tell him.

"I'll be here for you." He tells me and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you." I say to him. I sit in his arms for a couple of hours and we sit in a comfortable silence.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Okay, everyone. You have the night off." Simon tells us when every one is downstairs. "Go out and do whatever or just stay here. It's your choice."

"What're you doing?" Zayn asks.

"I'm going out." I reply and head into my room. I slip on my tight black dress from the other night, my black stilettos, and put on mascara and eyeliner. I head downstairs and out the door. I sneak into the back of the bar me and Zayn were at and start to order drinks.

"What is a pretty girl in a pretty dress doing here tonight when she could be out with her boyfriend?" The bartender asks me.

"Boyfriend?" I ask with a chuckle while moving my whiskey in a circular movement. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because I vowed to myself that I would never love someone." I tell him. "So what's the point of a boyfriend if I'm never gonna let myself love them?"

"Why won't you?" He asks.

"My parents, I thought they loved each other and they started speaking about a divorce and then I left." I say. "I was stupid to believe that they loved each other."

"You're not stupid. My parents didn't tell me until five months after their divorce and I should have noticed he was spending nights on the couch." The guy tells me.

"I'm Diana." I say.

"Caleb." He replies and puts him and me a shot of tequila. We both drink them and then I slam my glass down before him. "You're good at that."

"Thank you." I reply.

"Aren't you on the X Factor?" He asks.

"Yes I am." I reply. "Made it to the live shows."

"Congrats." He tells me with a smile. I grab the hair elastic off my wrist and pull my messy, but curly hair into a pony tail.

"Thank you." I reply.