Chapter 24 - When You're Ready

"I think I'm falling in love with you." Zayn whispers as he draws shapes on my bare shoulder while I lay with my head on his chest.

"Oh yeah?" I question quietly looking up at him through my eyelashes.

"Yeah." He confirms, lifting his head up a bit to look down at me.

"Today was perfect." I sigh, tracing shapes on his chest.

"But?" He questions quietly, knowing it was coming.

"We have rehearsals." I reply quietly, sitting up slightly, leaning my weight on my elbows. "And we have to get dressed into actual clothes and not just your bed sheets."

"Come on, I'm enjoying this." He replies, placing his hand over his eyes.

"Come on, you don't want me to go alone and lose some of our precious time together." I say standing up, I slip on my underwear before putting on my pair of black, distressed jeans before grabbing Zayn's shirt off the floor that reads 'cool kids don't dance', slipping it over my petite frame.

"You look good in my shirts." He smirks, looking at me, sprawled out on his bed.

"Just get up already." I sigh with a smirk, he stands up and starts getting dressed, slipping on a plain,black, V-neck T-shirt, he then slips on a pair of jeans walking downstairs with me.

"Hello." Trisha says from the kitchen table. When did she get home? My face goes bright red and Zayn scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Don't worry the girls all went out, they're helping get stuff ready for the show tonight."

"Okay, well we're gonna head over now." Zayn says, he doesn't wait for a response as we go to the front door. I slip on my army green jacket and my black, lace up ankle boots with a chunky heel. I place Zayn's black beanie over my straight hair before walking out to the car waiting for us. When we get in the back seat I turn to face Zayn.

"So your mum was home." I say quietly. We both start laughing, completely embarrassed at the same time.

"She's never gonna forget that." Zayn replies, we don't talk for the rest of the drive to Zayn's old school. When we get there, the rest of One Direction is standing in the auditorium.

"We tried knocking on your door a while ago." Liam says while Zayn looks at me with a smirk.

"We were kind of busy." Zayn implies and doesn't say anything else.

"Who's going first?" I ask and they all point at me. "Well then."

"Which song are you going to start off with?" Cheryl asks me from the side of the stage.

"I'm singing ones I've sang on the X Factor but only four. My favourites were Lightweight, I Never Told You, Someone Like You, and Gift of a Friend." I saying running through my performances in my head.

"Perfect. Why don't we end with lightweight?" Cheryl asks with a smile. I nod and start rehearsing, I see Zayn staring at me every so often and the odd time he'll wink at me, throwing off my timing. "Zayn! Stop distracting, Diana."

"It's not my fault she's so affected by me." He says cheekily.

"Careful, you're turning into Harry." I joke, he sends me a smile and let's me run through the song without trying to distract me. When I finish, One Direction runs through their songs and I sit in the seats, watching them. They all look so happy performing, together as a group. They seem like brothers up there.

"You're staring." Cheryl says, taking the seat beside me. "You can wear what you have on but you might want to take off the hat because you know how hot it gets up there. So when'd you get that shirt?"