Chapter 2

(Edited)

Raisa

"Raisa, Get down here!" My twin brother, Rais yelled.

I groaned and got up, running down the stairs.

"What do you want?" I mumbled.

"You remember Carlyle?" he asked.

"Cofield? Yeah. I remember her, why?" I asked.

"Well she was killed yesterday...." he sadly mumbled.

If you didn't know, Carlyle was a family friend. We went to high school together and she was very popular.

She had a really curious mind, and if she found something out, everyone would know by the next hour.

"Oh.." I said.

With me, it's not that I don't care, I just don't know how to show sympathy or affection.

I hate that about myself, but what can I say, I grew up in a family who rarely said an 'I love you' to each other.

I can't give a tight hug, without feeling uncomfortable.

But out of my hospitality and culture, I've given the classic quick kiss on each cheek & hug.

"She was a good person.. Had so much ahead of her" my brother continued.

"Yeah.. I wonder what she got herself into.." I wondered to my self.

"What do you mean?" my brother asked.

"Well she always wanted to know everything, Lord knows what she could have said this time."

"Oi" my brother said.

I sighed and walked away. See? This why I don't bother to speak.

I'm going to go get some coffee, this is going to be a long morning.

--

I pull up to the small coffee shop next to an old looking diner, and I stop my car.

I get out of the car and walk in, everyone quickly turns their head to examine the new person entering the building and once they see no-one special, they continue with their boring lives.

I walk up to the counter and order my iced coffee, my bladder deciding that I need to use the bathroom.

I grab my coffee, put it in my car & head to the building in between the diner & the coffee shop.

I walk into the women's restroom, and immediately smell something foul.

I crouch over the toilet & use the bathroom, quickly, & exiting.

Before I exit though, I see something peeking near the men's side of the bathroom.

I walk up to it and I gasp.

It was a body.

I step a little closer, trying to look at the face.

The woman, it was a woman, looked at about her thirties, with blonde hair.

I crouch down to look for any blood, or wounds, and I gently touch her arm.

I flinch back, hearing someone.

"Darling, hasn't anyone ever told you not to touch something that isn't yours?"

----------

oh shit